diesel - CNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: diesel - CNG

NOX and exhaust gas temp will go sky high. be very carefull on the EGT . You don't want to end up with holes in your pistons.

Comment

Thank you, that is interesting. I thought I would see a reduction in NOX and I would not expect to see a rise in EGT. Is there a reason for this that you know of? Is it only during the regen cycle or always do you think?

I have a general question about the theory of CNG fumigation for aftermarket, If I fumigate with CNG that is an addition of fuel to the engine so how do I back down on the diesel fuel? Is there a computer module with the kit that would do that or is it in the fact that I need to back off the pedal to maintain the same torque.

Comment

Originally posted by dhomant View Post
        Thank you, that is interesting. I thought I would see a reduction in NOX and I would not expect to see a rise in EGT. Is there a reason for this that you know of? Is it only during the regen cycle or always do you think?

I have a general question about the theory of CNG fumigation for aftermarket, If I fumigate with CNG that is an addition of fuel to the engine so how do I back down on the diesel fuel? Is there a computer module with the kit that would do that or is it in the fact that I need to back off the pedal to maintain the same torque.
        Simple as backing off the pedal. Less pedal equals same speed as previously without the CNG hense less diesel used
        sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
        SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
        2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
        1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
        2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Thank you. Is there a preferred suppler for a CNG kit for my 6.7L Ford Diesel? Can anyone recommend one?

Comment

We have one but not sold as kit only sold as install. But will tell you this whomever you go with make sure EGTS are controlled in some manner. If not you do NOT want that kit.
            sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
            SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
            2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
            1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
            2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Originally posted by CNG MOTORS View Post
              We have one but not sold as kit only sold as install. But will tell you this whomever you go with make sure EGTS are controlled in some manner. If not you do NOT want that kit.
              Is it a EPA (CARB) certified conversion kit? Would it qualify for the credits in the pending Natural Gas Act?

Comment

Working...
              X