No announcement yet.

CNG injector adapters anyone try them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG injector adapters anyone try them?

Recently I noticed on EBAY that there is a new, to me, CNG product available. They are called CNG injector adapters and they allow for CNG bi-fuel conversions without having to drill and tap your intake manifold. You simply remove your gasoline injector, put these where the gasoline injector was and then push your gasoline injector into them. They raise the gasoline injector roughly 3/8". They have a Y off the side of the injector that you then push the natural gas line into from your natural gas injector solenoid manifold. See this link to see what I am taking about.
    http://store.*********.com/injector-...-2x-sets-of-4/
    I converted my 2004 crown victoria to a bi-fuel and already drilled and tapped the intake. But I am considering using these instead if they are better. I think they could help by allowing the natural gas to enter the cylinder sooner and be much closer to the actual gasoline injection location. This could potentially help with switch over from gasoline to cng. What are your opinions? FYI I have seen these for much less on EBAY, roughly $35 for 4 of them shipped from greece.

Re: CNG injector adapters anyone try them?

I know that the closer to the oem injector the better...this seems like it gets the injector in the best possible spot....and saves a ton of time in that you dont have to remove the manifold

Comment

http://youtu.be/bz5N1ew7D0M

Does it look like this? Skip ahead to 10:20

This is the best kit I have seen on the net....very complete and lots of options

When they say it saves hours of install time that's no [] joke, soldering all those [] wires took DAYS

At 50$ per hour at the shop X 2 days is 800$ just to wire the thing....ugh
      Last edited by CNGLO; 05-22-2014, 07:52 PM. Reason: TOS language violations

Comment

Injector adapter "sleeves" can work but they are not universal. Ours work mainly on domestic vehicles (Ford and Chevy) but we hope to develop more soon. They definitely give you the best performance and save lots of time. Most of our installers are confident with drilling the manifold, so it really comes down to personal preference. Our sleeves are anodized aluminum with silicon O rings... very unique. There are some on ebay, but the ebay version did not pass our quality tests (thats why we developed our own). They obstructed gasoline injection not to mention the CNG didnt inject all that great so we saw performance loss.

Comment

Skipper I am a mechanical engineer, who happens to lead a small team of engineers resolving quality problems, so you have my curiosity peaked. Please explain the difference in your design vs the EBAY versions. Pictures would be nice to detail the advantages of your design. What is your website so I could see what you have to offer?

The youtube video does show what I am asking about at 10:20, good example.
          Last edited by bjorkmae; 05-22-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

saw this on Edelbrocks website... its for a nitrous application but the design seems sound for a bi-fuel application

E3 SERIES TITANIUM NOZZLES
            The Titanium Direct Port Nozzles, otherwise known as the "E3", are the latest design for all out competition, producing the highest power output of any nozzle currently available. The "Straight-Shot" configuration and unique tip design produce excellent fuel atomization, and exclusive titanium construction makes this the lightest, strongest, and simply the best nozzle available. 1/16" NPT threads make this an easy upgrade for existing nitrous systems. Competitively priced, individual or 8-pack nozzles are available now!

i wonder if this is how the adapters are designed to flow both fuels (gasoline coming out of the center and nat gas coming out of the tri-ports)

Comment

really cool but dont see how we could use it for cng and gasoline

Comment

wasn't suggesting its use, just postulating how the adapters work

Comment

I was hoping to learn more about these adapters and see the advantages of skippers design so I could consider buying 8 of them for my crown victoria. Does anyone else have more information on skippers design or the website?

Comment

This is what is in my F150 Bi/Fuel if anyone is interested I have an extra set of 8 make me an offer.
                    DSCN1729.JPG

Comment

Working...
                    X