My HHO Golf Cart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My HHO Golf Cart

$80 in parts to put this generator together. I am not an electric type guy. I'm going to try to make this a pure H golfcart is I can. Not looking to save or make money just want to see if it can be done.
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

What sort of amperage are you pulling on your Hydrogen generator?

Comment

3-5 amps .....
        sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
        SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
        2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
        1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
        2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Your amp draw is going pull more power from your alternator then you going to be able to produce.

But have you considered making a Hydrogen generator by oxygenating NaBH4 (Sodium Borohydride) in water. Doing so would produce a large enough qty of H2 on demand to run the golf cart engine as opposed to electrolyzing water on board, which is way too slow and requires more power then what you have avaliable? It also would only be a few lbs heavyier then a gallon of gas, assuming you recycle the water used from "burning" the hydrogen in the engine to feed back to the hydrogen generator.

Ultimately, the trick is you need to recycle the resulting NaBO2 back into NaBH4. Basically to charge the Hydrogen storage "battery" backup. You would do this overtime remote from the golf cart.

Your biggest challenge to overcome is going to be storing enough hydrogen to make the engine run for more then a few seconds.

Comment

To save on using a compressor to explode the H2 and O2 you would be trying to store together, just attach a large bag with a net and cables to keep it from floating away and call it a "Hindencarten".
            Just don't use it on a cloudy day in New Jersey. Oh the humanity!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
            Last edited by cnghal; 08-19-2008, 08:02 AM.
            Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X