Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

The first production Plug-in-Prius hit the road

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first production Plug-in-Prius hit the road

Some went to pre-order customers in Northern CA on Monday , some to southern CA dealers Tuesday . Mine has not even been built yet. Dealer stock will start later in the year , after all customers with pre-orders have been filled.Dealers will have a few to sell on the showroom floor , as any order canceled by a pre-order customer customer will go to a lucky dealer.They may mark up the price ju$t a bit.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 02-28-2012, 11:00 PM. Reason: added link

Re: The first production Plug-in-Prius hit the road

We look forward to you getting the car and hearing of your experiences with it. I got interested in CNG vehicles when gasoline hit $3 back in 2007. My intent was to buy a plug in Prius aftermarket conversion, but then I found out about the Honda GX and its plug-in garage Phill compressor. Further investigation revealed a nice network of public CNG refueling infrastructure here in Utah with pricing at the time of just 69 cents per gge. Haven't looked back since