CNG hybrid?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CNG hybrid?!?

A dedicated/bi-fuel, is that like a solar powered flashlight. Or headlight fluid (which by the way is real) I had a cavalier with a hole in the top that allowed water to collect in the headlight unit, who knew those suckers were sealed up to hold water. With out skipping a beat I order a "six inch footlong" from Subway today. I am working way too hard. I can't wait for this vaca.

STICKERS? I am having some made up with my logo on it and anyone is welcome to them (free advert for me :0) ) but some one found it offensive in the pic gallery, granted his user name was diesel hybrid or something.
    Last edited by CNG MOTORS; 05-24-2008, 09:24 AM.
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Offensive?
      How not politically correct.
      I guess you have to joke them if they can't take a f#@K....
      Maybe it would be ok if Calvin was pissing on an oil derrek or the letters OPEC.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

I'm going to make some up with those aswell but I tried the "oil Derreck" and it didn't go over to well so I'm going to do "oil barrels" instead

I could get the oil to stick to Darreck's skin, it kept beading up and falling off, must be all the NG coming out his pores

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel

Comment

I was working on a sticker for my cars... some sort of smug statement bragging that i pay less for gas then you do... perhaps this:

Code:
           / \
          /CNG\  Cheap, Clean, Domestic
          \   /  
           \ /  "What does your gas cost?"
          Ahh.. nothing more impressive than text-art..
          1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
          2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

I like much less offensive than mine.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel

Comment

I have asked this question to my Toyota district manager. It took a while for the district manager to get back to me. His excuse was this:

"There are not enough CNG refueling facilities in USA to justify investing in a car line that may not sell that well. It is the same reason why Toyota does not offer E85 vehicles."

I went on to telling him that Civic GX had no trouble selling. He told me that that it is just a short lived glitch and that it costs more to make it than it sells for.

Being that he works for "American Toyota" I could not get any valid points through his head as he continued on telling me about how well the new Sequoia has worked out and that everybody wants one (according to him, that is). What a moron!

Comment

The man should be fired for having no vision or foresight. No demand, temo niche. True if gas goes back to $1.50 per gallon. Do any of you really think that will happen. I suppose that the $10,000 premium these are bringing at the GSA sales also shows no demand. This is why you see no advancement because you've got old timers like this in Detriot and in control of the big auto manufactures.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel

Comment

Just the good ol boys.......

BTW I like the sticker idea, both of them.

Comment

Re: CNG hybrid?!? Canry CNG Hybrid concept LA car show

http://www.ibtimes.com/prnews/200811...cng-hybrid.htm

Toyota Displays Hybrid Synergy Drive(R) Versatility With CNG-Powered Camry Hybrid Concept at 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A.,Inc., today highlighted the versatility of its Hybrid Synergy Drive(R) systemby showing a compressed natural gas (CNG) Camry Hybrid concept vehicle at the2008 Los Angeles Auto Show.

"In the near future, growing demand for liquid petroleum simply andeffectively will exceed supply," said Chris Hostetter, group vice president,TMS Advanced Product Strategy. "Before that occurs, automakers must look tovehicles powered by alternative fuels. We believe CNG will be one of thosealternatives."

The current CNG benefits are amplified by rapidly changing marketconditions and an increase in consumer environmental awareness. As atransport fuel, natural gas is a clean and safe gasoline alternative. It canpotentially reduce U.S. dependency on foreign oil and reduce vehicle operatingcosts. Currently more than 99 percent of natural gas used in the U.S. comesfrom domestic & other North American sources. Proven worldwide natural gasreserves are estimated to last until 2100 and have the potential to last until2200 through improved advanced production methods.

Natural gas also produces lower particulate emissions, nitrous oxide (NOx),carbon monoxide (CO), carbon dioxide (CO2) and non-methane organic gases(NMOG), and less CO2 per unit of energy when compared with gasoline. Inaddition, it has a higher flash point (ignition temperature) than gasoline,can run at a higher compression ratio and is quickly dispersed into theatmosphere, should a leak occur.

The CNG Camry Hybrid concept was designed by the TMS Advanced ProductStrategy group and built by Metal Crafters of Fountain Valley, Calif. Toconvert the stock Camry Hybrid to a CNG vehicle, the gasoline fuel system wasreplaced with a CNG system including two CNG tanks installed in the spare tirewell area.

The exterior of the vehicle also received some sporty 'concept' touches.A sleek custom front fascia and front bumper cover eliminate the grill opening,while a custom rear bumper covers the tail pipe and visible exhaust system.The vehicle is fitted with 19 x 7.5 alloy wheels and Bridgestone Potenza225/35ZR19 run-flat tires to accommodate the lack of a spare tire. Theoverall ride height is lowered while new side body skirts and "CompressedNatural Gas Hybrid" graphics complete the unique look.

In 1999, Toyota marketed a CNG-powered four-cylinder Camry to fleetcustomers in California. Due to relatively low gasoline costs at that time,customers were not attracted to a vehicle that required special refuelingtechniques and a limited refueling infrastructure. The program wasdiscontinued a year later. Today there are less than 1,000 CNG refuelingstations nationwide, with less than half open to the public.

"Toyota believes CNG has huge potential, both in the U.S. and globally,"said Hostetter, "but CNG is just one of the many alternative fuels we'reexploring in our ongoing advanced technology research and development."

TOYOTA CNG CAMRY HYBRID CONCEPT PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS POWERTRAIN 2.4 liter, 4-cylinder engine with Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive(R) Gasoline fuel system replaced with CNG system ESTIMATED FUEL ECONOMY (mpg) City/Highway/Combined = 32/34/33 (Gasoline Camry Hybrid = 33/34/34) NET HORSEPOWER (Engine + Electric Motor + Generator + Power Storage) 170 hp CNG SYSTEM -- Two (2) Lincoln composite Type 4 tanks -- plastic liner with carbon fiber wrapped exterior -- Tanks installed in spare tire well area -- Maximum 3,600 psi CAPACITY Proposed 8 gallon gasoline equivalent RANGE 250+ miles DIMENSIONS (inches) Overall Length: 191.2 Overall Width: 71.7 Overall Height: 57.5 Wheelbase: 109.3 Wheel Size: 19 x 7.5 alloy wheels
                    Last edited by K38Bob; 11-19-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X