Shell H2 Station opening in Torrance CA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell H2 Station opening in Torrance CA

The construction fence is down, and H2 trailer is on site . The BMW on site was not H2 power.

Re: Shell H2 Station opening in Torrance CA

Thanks Lakewood, I should go check that out. I have been hitting the WLA Shell on a regular basis. Did you notice if it was a 5,000 psi pump?

Comment

I went lurking around the 4 dispensors today. The construction fence is back up, but one panel is open for customer access. One button fueling . $5.99 per kg. ( about 113,800 btu). Did not see the delivery pressure. The site appears to be on a Toyota Motor H.Q. parking lot. I will be spying to see something from Toyota fueling up.

Comment

Hey Lakewood,

It is a really nice station. Easy 405 freeway access from Crenshaw or Western. It is fed by the pipeline, so they just compress it on the spot. They have both 5k and 10k pressure.

Comment

Scott,
          What kind of range do you get with your Honda FCX Clarity? It is a 5,000 psi system, right?

Comment

John,

My on board computer says I am getting 64mpg. I do not "baby" or hyper-mile the car. The car is surprisingly quick (and I like that). As I recall, I have a tank that is equivalent to four gallons. It is a 5000psi system.

Comment

Honda to introduce Clarity in late 2016 in the United States. 10,000 psi tank, 450 mile range.

http://www.ngvjournal.com/japan-hond...-%2014-03-2016

Comment

ok now you think 3600 psi compressors are pricy try 10000 psi . now to the claimed 0 emissions no such thing just remote emissions coal oil or natural gas nuke. and don't forget the water. That will be just great when driving in freezing temps dumping water on frozen roads. now to safety I don't know anything about the tanks but natural gas is hard to light compared to h2. H2 just wants to make a big boom it will explode without being contained where natural gas just makes a big whoosh if it is ignited without being contained . I don't know the burn rate for cng or H2 but I remember that h2 is much faster

Comment

The station has been torn up for a complete upgrade. Looks like everything is new except the canopy . I think to accommodate an even higher pressure. Will post a photo when it re-opens.

Comment

I wonder how many H2 stations are now operational in California?

Comment

The station remodel is complete , station is open again. Photos to follow stay tuned.

Comment

H35 (5,000 psi) and H70 ( 10,000 psi) available , just $14.99 per kg. -H2 is sold by weight.
                        Last edited by Lakewood90712; 3 days ago.

Comment

An empty tank would cost $60-$75 to fill up. A full fill for a fuel cell electric car is 6 or 7 Kg giving it a range of about 300 miles according to a post easily found by searching cngchat. If the fuel sounds expensive, the station in the first post below cost $2.5M. These two gems are still a marvel to read:

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/forum/g...ure-technology

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/forum/g...ght-experiment

Comment

The Toyota and Honda fuel cell cars currently available will travel approx 60 miles on a KG of H2. That's $.25 a mile for fuel on the H2car. A comparable gasoline sedan would be about $ .10 a mile at 30 mpg and the $ 3 a gallon we pay in so cal..

The Hyundai fuel cell suv will travel about 50 miles / KG of H2

Footnote, when the station opened 6 years ago, the cost was about $ 6 KG if I recall correctly.
                            Last edited by Lakewood90712; 4 days ago.

Comment

Betsy Lillian -September 13, 2017 - Hydrogen Fueling to Join Seven Shell Gas Stations in California. The facilities are coming to seven existing Shell-branded retail stations across northern California: three in San Francisco and one in each of Berkeley, Sacramento, Citrus Heights and Walnut Creek:

https://ngtnews.com/hydrogen-fueling...ons-california

Comment

Working...
                              X