Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane Fueled Vehicles

LPG is cheap up where I live. Santa Rosa, CA
    They charge you $2.60 if they have to pump it but they have a card system and I can use it 24h. Charge $1.90 right now. Roush is epa legal which means if you can find one with 7K on the odo it can be brought to cali.
    There has been talk of alt and bi fuel vehicles receiving incentives in cali lately but that was right before the meltdown. Will have to quit giving free medical benefits to illegals to afford that. But that is not pc!

Comment

And Roush gets carb approval
      http://green.autoblog.com/2009/04/13...npage_autoblog

Comment

Since it is CARB approved you shouldn't have to wait for 7,000 miles -- its all in the EO number.

Larrycng

Comment

If this Beast is California "SULEV" , it should qualify for the carpool lane.

Comment

Roush certified to ULEV (2WD F-150) and LEV II (4WD version) so no HOV sticker.
            http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...4_b4u2_lpg.pdf
            http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...5d4_l2_lpg.pdf
            Last edited by John Mitton; 08-30-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

you won't see any new vehicles on the market running on propane because the computer and sensors won't work with propane..... i think lpg stands for liquid petroleum gas which is not propane.
              not sure but it might natural gas with a splash of butane.
              cheers

Comment

LPG = Propane

Here are the fuel prices in our area.

Kwik-price-sign.jpg

Comment

Uh, Proper Pane, there are tons of Propane powered vehicles on the road, and LPG IS Propane. According to the World LPG Association in Paris, there are approximately 3 times as many vehicles being converted in Europe to propane (called Autogas there) than there are with CNG, although that gap has narrowed slightly in the last year. Almost every European OEM offers an Autogas upfit at their dealerships, including Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, and so on. Here in the US, the gap between CNG and LPG vehicles is also narrowing, mostly due to the push for CNG conversions and increased availability of CNG stations.

At last count in the US, and it depends who you are speak with, there are somewhere between 2 to 3 times the number of LPG to CNG vehicles. There is a place for both CNG and LPG vehicles and each provide unique benefits, and have similar limitations, the most common are fueling locations while in transit. For example, where I live, there are two CNG stations, both of which are almost 30 miles away, the next closest is 80 miles. They are unattended which mean I can get fuel there anytime I am nearby, but its a 60 mile round trip from home. By contrast, there are 4 propane fuel providers within 10 miles of me but they are only available during business hours and till noon on Saturday.

As for computers and sensors not working with LPG, I'm not sure who is feeding you that line or where you heard that from. In order to be OBD-II compliant, which practically every gaseous fuel injection system is these days, OEM sensors are utilized to provide engine output signals for the vehicles computer PCM which then controls the LPG slave PCM for injector pulsewidth. Many suppliers provide the same slave PCM for CNG and LPG, the conversion technician selects CNG or LPG during programming.

Franz Hofmann
                  President, Gearhead Consulting, LLC

Comment

Working...
                  X