Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting To CNG & LNG (Video)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Converting To CNG & LNG (Video)



    With new advancements in CNG storage technology CNG is now offering ranges comparable to LNG. LNG and LCNG is a great option in areas not equipped with a utility supply line. LNG can be trucked into remote areas and used as LNG, or gasified and used as CNG (LCNG.)
    Last edited by Curtis; 08-25-2014, 03:50 PM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

  • #2
    Re: Converting To CNG & LNG (Video)

    you can never truck something that can be piped as cheaply as putting it in a pipe..I still dont understand why we have 300 gallons of diesel on a class8 truck and only around 100 gge on the same truck with a cng option. we are building the truck to a spec so make the frame longer and put more tanks on it and we dont need to have new teck to carry more gas. my new truck carrys 288 gge 12 Lincoln 24 gge tanks I left knoxville and went to pryor ok and back without fueling around 1500 miles pulling a 48 ft trailerand had gas to spare. though some bigger motors would be nice. but it works with what we have now.380 hp I think though not a kta 600 it gets the job done

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Converting To CNG & LNG (Video)

      I get your point Cowoy, piping is cheaper, but limited to where the pipeline goes. While around 70% of US homes have natural gas supplies by public infrastructure, the other 30% may likely never see it. Our gas infrastructure is aged and in relatively poor shape. The cost of new pipe being laid is exorbitantly high and out of reach for the private sector stations in many cases.

      As far as adding more storage to vehicles... nothing new there. Newer tech is using fewer tanks and higher pressure to give equivalent range. Storage is expensive and there is a cost with every cylinder added. I think 5000 psi is going to be something we see on more big trucks. This gives comparable range to LNG, for those who prefer CNG.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

      Comment

      Working...
      X