Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Back-seat cushions, 2006-2010 GX

Lower Cushion

Remove the bolt (10mm head) between the lower cushion and upper cushion, located just above where the two seatbelt buckles come out (on the passenger side, near the center).
    Photo 101.

Pull up on the front of the cushion to release two clips, then pull forward to remove the cushion.

Upper Cushion

Remove the bolt (10mm head) below the seatback cushion on the passenger side near the door.
    Photo 102.

Remove the bolt (10mm head) 12 inches to the right of the bolt for the lower cushion and the bolt below the seatback cushion on the driver’s side near the door. Do not remove the two bolts that go into the black metal panels.
    Photo 103.

Once the three bolts are removed, the upper cushion is ready to come out. Release all three shoulder belts from the slots in the rear tray. Move all the shoulder belts around the sides of the cushion. On the back side of the cushion there are three metal loops that go into three plastic inserts that go into three sheet-metal slots in the back panel. Photo 104. Lift up, with quite a bit of force, on one side of the upper cushion near the door to release the loops from the slots. Repeat on the other side. This method works better than trying to lift the whole cushion straight up. Pull forward on the cushion and remove it.

Reinstallation

To reinstall the back cushion, remove the three plastic inserts from the loops. Place these into the three sheet-metal tabs on the back panel. It would be a good idea to glue the inserts in place on the back panel with silicone sealant. Photo 105. This will make it easier to remove the cushion in the future. Put the upper cushion in place and route the seatbelts around the ends. Lift up on the cushion and guide the three loops into the plastic inserts. Pound the cushion down with the palm of the hand. Install the three bolts at the bottom.

To reinstall the lower cushion, put it in place. Install the bolt through the metal loop into the nut welded onto the body floor panel. It may be necessary to pry the metal loop up with in order to get the bolt into the nut. Push down on the front of the cushion to lock it in place.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joeflyer; 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: Change title

Re: Removing the Back-seat Cushions, 2006-2010 GX

Thanks for the writeup Joe. What was your reason for removing the seats? Or was this just a helpful article for those who may need to? I've been thinking about swapping my interior with front and back seats from an SI. Are the GX seats special in any way? (i.e. fire safety) or should I be ok swapping the seats?

Comment

Part of adding rear speakers...
      Chuck J

Who wants to see another 8th Gen Civic, anyway?
      Addicted to Unique Rides

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstarchuck View Post
        Part of adding rear speakers...
        Thanks for the pictures!! I am also thinking of adding speakers to the rear of my '08 GX, not sure what speakers would fit now - will measure available space to determine (or just take old front door speakers use those as a guide). Kudos!!

Comment

I just bought 4 speakers over on Crutchfield, going to upgrade the front 2 and add 2 in the rear.

Comment

Working...
          X