go fast gx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: go fast gx

Jackson racing probably did a sales forecast for SC on GX, lucky if they could sell a half dozen in entire US.
    Sold GX

Comment

I don't know what the figures were but that's basically what Mr Jackson told me when I called

Comment

So I guess were left with "Floor it and hope for the best."

Comment

Originally posted by jthomson View Post
          So I guess were left with "Floor it and hope for the best."
          Yes, although I'm not suffering as much since getting rid of the 2002 GX for a 2010 GX.

I assume you got it for the white HOV stickers. Tesla is another way to get white stickers and it's a lot faster (and lot more expensive).

Many GX owners have other more powerful cars in garage.
          Sold GX

Comment

The only other car that I know of that matches the gx in range is the tesla. It was either 200k for two tesla's or 40k for two honda's. My wife and daughter have a 80 mile daily commute. 2003 Ford cobra (far from stock) shares the garage with my wife's gx.

Comment

Originally posted by jthomson View Post
              The only other car that I know of that matches the gx in range is the tesla. It was either 200k for two tesla's or 40k for two honda's. My wife and daughter have a 80 mile daily commute. 2003 Ford cobra (far from stock) shares the garage with my wife's gx.
              Yes, so I assume white stickers were the goal. I've found GX to be most economical way into the carpool lane with reasonable range.

I assume a "2003 Ford Cobra" is Mustang, sounds like fun.
              Sold GX

Comment

Originally posted by GX-SV View Post
                Yes, so I assume white stickers were the goal. I've found GX to be most economical way into the carpool lane with reasonable range.

I assume a "2003 Ford Cobra" is Mustang, sounds like fun.
                Yes and Yes We are very happy with the fuel costs. Not as happy with the choice in fueling stations, or the lack there of. Will be starting to refuel at home in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
                  hondata has said that their software wont work with the cng computer
                  I just asked Hondata what is needed to get a tune for the GX, waiting for a response...

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtop...p=78902#p78902

Personally, I drove two different 130HP Ford Contours for a decade. One automatic and one manual. The automatic was a gutless wonder but the MTX was fun. I'm looking at getting a GX because the local Kwik Trip gas stations are installing CNG at a bunch of their locations. That and the GX is the only non-truck/van CNG vehicle that is readily available. BUT then I read that the GX only has 110 HP, an automatic, and a 12.6 second 0-60. Ouch! I realize that a bunch of you guys know the limitations and are fine with a stock vehicle for the pure fuel savings cost. I'm not. Especially not after reading this...

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...onda_civic_ex/

For me, spending $5k to have a fun daily driver is worth it. In the article above, they bump the stock gasoline EX from 120TQ/140HP to 230TQ/225HP. I know you wouldn't get the same gains on a GX but even 200TQ/200HP would be epic.

But it all hinges on being able to tune it.

Just my $0.02.

BP

Comment

It's still a no-go on Hondata. I just got a response and they say that it'll cost too much. Personally, I think that is BS because the Subaru guys, with a Tatrix Openport, can pull all of the ECU data then decode it to create a base map. If one guy can do that by himeself in a night, and Hondata has already decoded dozens of ECUs for near-identical applications...it can't cost tens of thousands of dollars to do.

Oh well, now I'm off to find a suitable piggyback ECU.

Comment

In my experience a second or third car with 2x to 3x the horsepower is most practical way for extra speed/power. Woodrat with the question and only 1 post seems to have disappeared...
                      Sold GX

Comment

Growing up, one of my uncles childhood friends was a guy by the name of AK Miller http://articles.latimes.com/2005/dec...al/me-miller21 He was known to say; "How fast ya wana go? How much money ya got? He was a guy who played with both CNG & propane, before they were popular. AK would have probably started with a turbo charger.

Comment

Best way to go faster, drafting behind another vehicle going way above the speed limit. Guys, the GX is a vehicle designed and intended for economical and environmental purposes. It's a poor platform for GO FAST IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X