Navigation & Audio upgrades?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Navigation & Audio upgrades?

I cant figure out how to attach a picture so all can see.

Comment

I am considering putting in the JVC KW-NT50HDT in my 2009.

Two questions.
      1.) Does anyone have any experience with it? I want to put in POI's of the CNG stations of course.

2.) the part number above for the trim piece 77250-SNA-A027A appears to be for the Gun Metal Grey. I believe they call my dash color Taupe. Any idea of the part number for that piece in Taupe?

Comment

Here is a link I had posted before if anyone wants to do a do-it-yourself install of a nav unit in their late model GX. The link is still good.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/audio...nstall-ex.html
        '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
        '09 White Civic GX
        '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
        FMQ 2-36

Comment

Very helpful, thanks.

They list 2 colors of the panels. But, list one as grey and one is tan. Hopefully the tan is Taupe, that goes with the tan interior. I will check into it some more.

I think I found the answer - Bernardi parts lists part number 77250-SNA-A01ZB as color "YR334L: TAUPE GUN METALLIC"

Thanks again.
          Last edited by Larryect; 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomherbst View Post
            I'm thinking about putting one of the big Pioneer or Kenwood double DIN navigation units into the GX.

But for the big tank in the trunk, it looks like a regular LX which is well cover on the web.

Is there no room for speakers on the desk under the back window? I'm not sure I want anyone cutting or drilling around the CNG tank in any case.
            Anything special for running wires in the trunk?

What have people done?
            Check out this thread http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....a-2006-2010-GX. I did it myself, sounds awesome, and looks sooo much better than speakers sitting on the rear package tray. (No offense to those who chose that route) I also installed a 4 channel amp and changed the fronts to take advantage of the place to install the tweeters up in the dash. Everywhere but inside the trunk looks bone stock. Thats where the Sub and amps live.

Many of the posts in this sub forum will guide you thru many of your questions. I can now install that double din dash piece as I took mine apart to convert my power outlet to be live all the time. Metra sells the piece as well as Honda, and they have killer instuctions on-line.
            Last edited by Darkstarchuck; 12-10-2011, 12:02 AM.
            Chuck J

Who wants to see another 8th Gen Civic, anyway?
            Addicted to Unique Rides

Comment

I was wondering - has anyone added volume and bluetooth voice control knobs to the stock steering wheel (which didn't have one before)? Thanks to these forums, I think I can upgrade to a navigation system and rear speakers. However, my '09 GX didn't have volume controls, and the new 2012 has some nice controls for voice recognition as well.

Does anyone if if it's hard to add the steering wheel controls? Do you have to get a new steering wheel or can it just be added to the existing? And is there already a harness/connections for the steering controls or does it need to have a whole new run of wires in order to install it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

So what's the preferred audio/nav unit for the 2006-2011 Civic GX's now?....
                Sold GX

Comment

I ran a Kenwood Double DIN in my 09. Found an aftermarket dahs kit that fit it perfectly. Really worked well. Kenwood Head unit uses the Garmin type interface, at least it did at that time,.
                  '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
                  (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

Thanks for recommendation
                    Sold GX

Comment

I'm currently working with my local audio shop on a Alpine INE-W957HD (din 7" screen) Looks like a dash kit in "taupe" is available to match dash of my beige interior GX.
                      Sold GX

Comment

image.jpgAlpine in dash 2010 Civic.jpgPic of Alpine 7" in 2010 Civic.

Edit: After using the Alpine inew957hd for a couple of weeks, I'm pretty happy. Especially the audio and phone sound quality (via IPhone 5s) is very good. The aftermarket dash kit is just good, but not excellent. Color match, fit, finish is ok but not perfect. Most casual observers will assume it's factory nav. The nav is adequate, but sometimes it gives me strange verbal directlons. I'm still playing with some of the settings like route preferences and traffic monitoring, so we will see if I can improve how it works. Overall letter grade in my opinion B.
                        Last edited by GX-SV; 04-06-2015, 02:50 PM.
                        Sold GX

Comment

Update on my Alpine nav in my GX, nav antenna placement is critical.

Original location was hidden under my dash and sometimes I would get strange routing via the nav.

They moved antenna to sit on top of dash near windshield (it's small, not much bigger than a piece of Starburst candy), works perfectly.
                          Sold GX

Comment

Working...
                          X