Navigation & Audio upgrades?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation & Audio upgrades?

I'm thinking about putting one of the big Pioneer or Kenwood double DIN navigation units into the GX.

But for the big tank in the trunk, it looks like a regular LX which is well cover on the web.

Is there no room for speakers on the desk under the back window? I'm not sure I want anyone cutting or drilling around the CNG tank in any case.
    Anything special for running wires in the trunk?

What have people done?

Re: Navigation & Audio upgrades?

I have surface mounted speakers on the rear deck. Works well.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

I installed this Pioneer unit - AVH-P4000DVD - (got the new double-din dash bezel piece from College Hills Honda. )

You can still get them, though I believe Pioneer has discontinued them.
      I ran the rear speaker wires down the passenger side under the sill covers and then passed through the bulkhead that is behind the rear seat. Then up to a pair of these (Pioneer TS-X200):

Also put a pair of 6.0" Kicker DS600 coax in the front doors to replace the jokes that were there.

Comment

It looks like Honda now offers a Navigation unit on the 2010 Civic EX. The bezel is available for 2006-2010 Civics to add any double DIN headunit to our GX's. The honda part number is: 77250-SNA-A02ZA and it's available online for $28
        http://www.bernardiparts.com/SearchO...7250-SNA-A02ZA

Here is a part diagram, item #14:

I have a Kenwood DNX7120 in my Camry and it works well. When the car needs to be replaced I'll get a GX and go this route. In dash navigation is a must have!
        -------------
        moore101
        2000 Toyota Camry CNG
        FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Link didn't work. You need to paste the Honda part number 77250-SNA-A02ZA into the part number field. The link pastes the sku number in that field, which is invalid.

The Bernardiparts website doesn't even list the GX as a trim type!
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Wow. I added rear speakers by simply adding 1 inch spacers and cutting holes for the magnets. I really think these work great. Good luck!P1030838.JPG

Comment

Link fixed
              -------------
              moore101
              2000 Toyota Camry CNG
              FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

I ordered the double-DIN dash components and mounting brackets from an '11 EX. I'm going to try to DIY this one! For the rear deck, I'm going to try the cut & lower mount. I don't like the look of the raised speakers.

Comment

Probably goes without saying but be extra careful with the CNG tank guys. Don't let anything rub against it.

Comment

Also keep in mind that adding the factory nav is really not an option, as it is integrated into way more than just the radio. It would be a MASSIVE undertaking to remove and reinstall one in a GX, or any Civic model.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Did you do this yourself Ted, or have it done at a shop? How did it come out?

Comment

I just got my 2011 and instead of the in-dash Nav, got a tomtom and had the lighter plug connected inside- I can replace the tomtom and I have real traffic, updated maps- Big help. I just got Viper arm and working on sounds....

Comment

I have the Kenwood DNX-9960 in my '09 GX. I actually purchased the rear deck cover to fit an aftermarket EX so it has the factory speaker cover look. My local audio shop did the install with 6 1/2's in the rear. A little bit of work cutting them into the rear but it looks perfect when finished.
                          '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
                          (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

When I purchased my 2009 Honda Civic GX, I opted to have the navigation system put in, below is a picture of my setup.

It is a Kenwood DDX 812 with Bluetooth.
                            So it is very possible to add a navigation system to a GX.

Comment

I picked up the Rosen Nav/head unit. It looks factory and works pretty darn well. The only issue I have is with the Bluetooth. Everybody tells me that when I use it to make a call that it sounds like I am at the bottom of the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                              X