Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

Installation Cost of Extra Tank/07 Honda Civic GX

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Cost of Extra Tank/07 Honda Civic GX

Hello Everyone:

As of most recently, CNG is priced at 99 cents in my area, whereas I'm seriously considering buying a Honda Civic GX. My question to the forum, is how much would it cost to have an extra tank installed into the trunk? Oh by the way, I'm not the least concerned about trunk space...clearly.

Trunk ? what trunk , that's a rear glove box LOL. See this thread .

My standard admonition : I would not personally do it, for crash safety reasons. Honda spent millions engineering the car , including rear crush zone. An extra tank is a very solid object, extremely well attached within that crush zone. Others will disagree , but that is my 2 cents worth.

Enjoy the under a buck fuel while you can, and make sure that cheap fuel source doesn't have compressor oil carryover, Historically, some the super low cost fuel stations did, and oil in your cng is not good.