Plumbing for extra tank in civic gx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing for extra tank in civic gx

Scott, I am having a hard time believing you were able to place cylinders into a 1999 GX underbody without violating NFPA-52 Section 6.3

Cylinders & valves must be shielded with minimum 9 inches road clearance when tires are deflated and cannot be located ahead of the front axle or behind the rear bumper attachment.

Please post photos here of the installation.

Originally posted by GOCNG3 View Post
    Hello,Everyone!! I just got my 1999 GX retank with a great package.(Big tank in trunk area and tank under car)
    I get around 1,000 miles on fast fill and on Slow fill over 1,000 miles. Yes I been testing it for couple months already after the CNG Technician Engineer installed the setup. He is location is southern CA.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
      Scott, I am having a hard time believing you were able to place cylinders into a 1999 GX underbody without violating NFPA-52 Section 6.3

Cylinders & valves must be shielded with minimum 9 inches road clearance when tires are deflated and cannot be located ahead of the front axle or behind the rear bumper attachment.

I send you PM

Comment

Honda America Corp: Are you hearing this? It sounds like there is a demand for something you could supply.

It would be great if Honda could offer a factory-installed extended range (ginormous or extra tank) option on the GX. This way the GX could move beyond the "fleet vehicle" stigma and be cross-country capable. I know I would pay for that. Sounds like many others would, too.

Comment

I send you PM
          Scott,

I don't know if your PM to John included the pics he was requesting, but I think all of us on the forum would be interested to know if you were able to successfully install a tank under a Civic and meet NFPA requirements. Please post pics of your install. If nothing else, you can get free advice from the experts on the forum on how to make you install safe.

Comment

This car is now for sale:
            http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...7888#post67888

Comment

What's the address for cng consulting of Southern California? Need some parts

Comment

How can I contact cng consulting phone number doesn't go thru

KSneedsCNG

The civic GX was done by cng consulting not cngmotors.Yes he used the proper brackets material, Lines ,fittings, Venting from trunk, grade 8 bolts and zinc plated bolts, washers, nlyon nuts and Reinforcement brackets Etc....
                How can I find cng consulting of Southern California phone doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Zav_cesar View Post

How can I find cng consulting of Southern California phone doesn't work

Carl doesn't post on the forum, so the only way I can think of is to send gocng3 a private message. He knows how to contact Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post

John, Next time I have my civic for oil change I will take pictures of the underneath for you. It has 2 type3 size 9.2 gges tanks with shield covering it. The high pressure filter was relocation to fit the 2 tanks. When I flatten my tires down the cover is about 1/8“ to the ground so it meets all the standards. Then then trunk pan was redesigned to fit 2 more tanks. Total of 6 tanks. I have is the OEM tank behind that is a10 gges, below that is 2 tanks I don’t know the size of them and the 2 under the vehicle. I attached a picture of what information, I received when I had it done for my records

Scott

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post

Carl doesn't post on the forum, so the only way I can think of is to send gocng3 a private message. He knows how to contact Carl.

I haven't spoken with carl in a awhile. I tried is phone and it’s not working. I know the last time, I did talk to him is was deployment overseas. Go ahead an email me at jennings804@yahoo.com.

Scott
                      Last edited by GOCNG3; 01-20-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

John, Next time I have my civic for oil change I will take pictures of the underneath for you. It has 2 type3 size 9.2 gges tanks with shield covering it. The high pressure filter was relocation to fit the 2 tanks. When I flatten my tires down the cover is about 1/8“ to the ground so it meets all the standards. Then then trunk pan was redesigned to fit 2 more tanks. Total of 6 tanks. I have is the OEM tank behind that is a10 gges, below that is 2 tanks I don’t know the size of them and the 2 under the vehicle. I attached a picture of what information, I received when I had it done for my records

Scott
                        That sounds like some pretty cool fabrication work. Looking forward to pictures!

Comment

Working...
                        X