2012 CivicNG Incremental Cost Letter from Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 CivicNG Incremental Cost Letter from Honda

Those of you who have purchased the 2012 CivicNG and need verification of the incremental cost for the purpose of claiming incentives being offered in your area will find this useful.

American Honda Alt Fuels division has made available a letter to provide incremental cost details no longer shown on the MSRP. Please print out this letter when applying for state and local incentives in your area.

I will also post it on my Clean Cities website at www.AntelopeCleanCities.com. Look for it on the "Grants" page. You'll find a "Grants" tab on the left side of the Home Page.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Curtis; 03-19-2012, 06:41 PM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: 2012 CivicNG Incremental Cost Letter from Honda

Sorry but that's not how to figure the "incremental" price of the Civic Natural Gas. This model is based primarily on the LX and not the DX trim level. The difference is greater, of course, but that's not how the government figures the difference.

Thank you,

Eric Rosenberg
    American Honda

Comment

Eric - Now I'm confused on your last post. In my opinion, the incremental cost should be larger since most people pay sticker or above sticker for a Civic NATGAS. while the same gasoline engine Civic sells for under sticker. Should be closer to $8,000 and not $6,935.
      David
      2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Comment

I was not aware of this incremental cost. I'll talk to my CPA about this but in general what tax benefits am I looking to get by reporting the incremental cost? Thanks.

Comment

Badbone - Depends on your state of residence, I live in Okla and Okla has a 50% tax CREDIT of the incremental CNG cost. I'm not familiar with CA tax code for a possible tax credit.
          David
          2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Comment

In addition to OK, state tax incentives to offset part of the incremental costs exist for LA, CO, WV, UT (capped at $2,500), PA ($1,000) and perhaps others. You can search for what is available at this DOE web site:
            http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/

Comment

How would I find the incremental cost of a 2009 Honda Civic GX? I've searched this forum and have not been able to locate an amount. Thanks!

Comment

Has there been a definitive decision on incremental cost value? I too am in Oklahoma and I'm a bit confused do we use the letter provided by Eric, who then in next reply states it's not how we figure the incremental cost? Has anyone here claimed this credit yet in previous years?

Comment

for 2012 MSRP difference between Natural Gas w/o nav and DX is $9550 and LX is $7500, will be nice if someone will clarify why offical incremental difference is $6935

Comment

Originally posted by exLeaf View Post
                    for 2012 MSRP difference between Natural Gas w/o nav and DX is $9550 and LX is $7500, will be nice if someone will clarify why offical incremental difference is $6935
                    The Civic LX does not come standard with alloy wheels. The Civic Natural Gas comes standard with alloy wheels. That is likely the $565 difference between the $6935 CNG incremental cost and the cost of the Civic LX. That ends up being a pretty good deal. The 16" alloy wheel option on the LX is $1620, but it looks like we pay only $565 to get them on the Civic Natural Gas.

Comment

Does anyone have a 2013 Civic NG Incremental Cost Letter from Honda? It's not shown on the window stickers on the later model Civics and I can't locate a Honda letter for the 2013 or later models.

Comment

Working...
                      X