No announcement yet.

Civic GX won't start; $7000 repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 2010 civic GX seems to have a failed solenoid valve similar to the subject of this thread. The dealer and American Honda have denied warranty coverage under the AT PZEV designation of the vehicle. I even showed them the last page of the manual that states: "Miscellaneous Parts that are used in conjunction with the items in this list" (Fuel Tank) "are covered. Some examples are ... solenoids."

Has anyone else had any luck getting Honda to honor the 15yr 150k mile warranty? My next stop will be the California Air Resources Board.

I have owned each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Honda GX's. This has been the most disappointing event throughout the otherwise enjoyable experience of owning these cars. I guess that since Honda left the CNG market, they will not even support the cars that are still on the road.

Comment

I have a 2004 gx I got from a private owner and took it to my mechanic only to find out it needs a motor. I cant afford that it will be in the thousands. What can I do and not many know about this car😢

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmy90249 View Post
        I have a 2004 gx I got from a private owner and took it to my mechanic only to find out it needs a motor. I cant afford that it will be in the thousands. What can I do and not many know about this car😢
        There should be plenty of good used engines available for that car on car-part.com. A bigger problem, though, is going to be replacing the soon expiring gas tank.

Comment

Working...
        X