My first A1 service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first A1 service

Do I need to go to Honda Dealership to perform A1 or further maintenance services in order to keep my warranty valid? Thanks for advice.

Re: My first A1 service

No, anyone can do the service.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

A1 is merely an oil change and tire rotation. As Mike said, anyone, including yourself can perform the service. The important thing is that you keep receipts and keep records to prove the service was done. In a warranty situation, that becomes the key issue, what services were done, when, and at what mileage.

The advantage of going to the dealer is that you'll get genuine Honda parts, filters, etc used on your vehicle, and that I've seen a lot of non-Honda services skip service items because they weren't aware that something was scheduled to be done, like an under dash filter for example, a tank inspection, or ???. This is a cng car after all. There aren't that many places that know what they are doing when it comes to service beyond the A1 requirement.
      sigpic
      Curtis Martin
      Program Coordinator
      Antelope Valley Clean Cities Coalition
      Cell # 661-492-5916

Comment

Don't assume all dealers are on the level. I have notice a few sneaky things that a couple (not Honda btw) dealers in my area are doing. Some use the 1.99 quickee lube oil filters (even on their make of cars). Some have only one grade of bulk oil and use it on everything. Some make up their own maintenance schedules that omit low paying items and add high paying items.

I say the best thing is to find someone you trust and have them follow your owners manual.

Comment

To the original poster, I see you live in the Bay Area. The Honda Connection, a highly rated independant service place in San Jose, is getting up to speed on CNG's, and have done my 10k and 20k service, for a little over half the cost of what the local "stealer" wants.

Comment

Thank you for all advices. I will PM you-TheBundo for the shop info in San Jose.

Comment

Here is a link

http://www.ahconnection.com/

Comment

Aside from the manual which tells you which service is needed per code on the dash. Is there any information from Honda that tells you when service is due?
                Maybe I skipped those pages but your input is helpful.
                Thx,
                L
                2009 GX
                Silver 09 GX
                Phill G:1.5

Comment

The dash indicator combines things like time since last service, miles driven, and starts to determine when the service is due.
                  02 GX
                  01 GX
                  03 Crown Vic
                  06 GX
                  Home Fueler

Comment

Will taking my GX with a 6yr/125K mile extended warranty to a reputable shop (other than Honda) for routine CNG fuel filter replacement void my warranty??
                    Silver 09 GX
                    Phill G:1.5

Comment

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
                      Will taking my GX with a 6yr/125K mile extended warranty to a reputable shop (other than Honda) for routine CNG fuel filter replacement void my warranty??
                      In a word: NO. You will want to keep the receipt showing the work done. Make certain that it details the filter replacement. It would be an anti-trust violation for a manufacturer to tie the purchase of replacement parts and services to the purchase and warrantee of a car. Same thing applies to printer cartridges in your printer. If you read the fine print on the warrantee, you will not see anything that says that you must have your car serviced at a Honda dealership. I change my own filters and keep the receipt and the part number sticker from the filter to show that the filter was changed at the appropriate interval.

Comment

I have reached 47K on my 2008 GX and have never had the Transmission service request in the maintenance minder. It came on today with an A12. I was expecting the Transmission service this time. Is this normal? Have others had their Change Fluid number come on before 50K miles?

Comment

In addition, keep a record of mileage on the receipt. Your car came with a Service History book. It's about the size of your warranty book and should be with the manuals your dealer supplied. It's great to give to your service tech and have him keep notes and staple receipts.
                          sigpic
                          Curtis Martin
                          Program Coordinator
                          Antelope Valley Clean Cities Coalition
                          Cell # 661-492-5916

Comment

Working...
                          X