This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1998-2007 Civic GX Recall Information

I had mine installed by a non GX dealer---no problem. In fact they were really excited to actually see a GX.

Comment

Of course, if you intend to intentionally burn your GX, you won't get the recall work done, and if you don't plan to intentionally burn your GX, you probably won't need it.

Comment

My civic is a gx. The question was, can the recall be done by a non gx dealer. I think that siai47 answered that.
        Thanks

Comment

Galpin Honda in Los Angeles is now certified to work on the GX. There are a number of dealers in the LA that are certified as well. Honda's customer site for the GX in "dealer locator" will get you there.
          2009 GX
          2000 K2500
          2002 Cavalier
          1998 Contour
          Phill powered by solar power

Comment

Corona Honda has been willing to do many of my repairs. Including the recall. Apparently they service some for the city as well. . But, they said they could not do a tank inspection.

Comment

I was just reading about taking buses and what not to leave your car at the dealer dont you guys out there on the shakey side have loaner cars for customers sister bought a new dodge pick up last year and when she takes it in they give her a loaner car to drive some times it is a demo and some times it is from the used lot a year or two old but beats the bus or walking me if my car or pick up needs service I dont need a loaner as I have to stay there and fix the dang thing as I dont buy anything new LOL

Comment

I just bought a '99 Civic that only had 23,000 miles on it. How can I find out if the recall was performed or not?

Comment

Any Honda dealer service dept. can check by your vin #.

Comment

I would say that if its ceen running good since 99 then i would not be to concern with recall issues

Comment

I think there are two way to tell if the shield has been put in. First, from the back find a place where you can shine a light so you can see the tank. If you can also see the back of the seat cushion they you don't have the shield. If you can't tell you could remove the back seat. It's not hard and I think it only takes about 3 or 4 screws. I've had mine out before. Anyway you should see the fire shield because you can't see the take if it's there.

Then you can take it by a dealer and have them check. If it's needed they will likely have to order it anyway so you can schedule when to have it installed.
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X