This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civic GX Parts Exchange

Need a washer pump for a 2006-2011 Civic? New in box part available, make offer. (I bought it before troubleshooting down to the real problem )
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Need a working Fuel Pressure Regulator for 2000 GX, also compatible with 98 and 99 model. Please PM me.

Comment

Just ordered 4 injectors for my 2003 gx from Autozone. Turns out I only needed 1 so I'll be taking the others back. I got them for $170 minus 20% on the whole order with a web code and free shipping. 3 of them were Honda OEM and 1 aftermarket. Looks like autozone bought a bunch of Honda's.

Comment

Those of you looking for a 1998-2000 GX high pressure fuel regulator, please be aware they are completely gone from the supply chain. They are no longer made and NOBODY has them in stock any more. As far as I can tell, nobody rebuilds them.

ITT/CONOFLOW makes 2 high pressure fuel regulators that are applicable to the Honda Civic. I am ordering one and will be installing it in my 1998.

Lead time is 3 weeks from order to deliver. Once I have it up and running I'll get a complete parts list of the fittings you'll need (it's not a drop in replacement; you'll have to use some adapters) and whether you have to modify the fuel rail or not (the Honda OEM line from fuel regulator to the rail looks to be difficult to attach to and a simpler setup may be needed, necessitating drilling and tapping the aluminum fuel rail). It should otherwise be simple to adapt.

Mods- please allow me to post new threads so I can update membership on this project.

Comment

simon520
            Keep me informed as my 2000 Civic GX has been down with a bad HPR for months. PM me when you finish this project.
            thanks
            Abe

Comment

Hi all, I found someone that rebuilds the pressure regulators. I have not used him I simply called him regarding tank upgrades I read about on another post. He said he is the only guy with a rebuild kit for 2000 civic

Call him and let me know your results in case I ever have to do this.
              Also I am curious about the cost and results from your fix simon520 please post!
              2013 Chevy volt 2013 Ford C-Max Energi

Comment

Sorry

CNG consulting
                310-612-7745

Comment

I used him before since I can't get the pressure regulator any where else. These days he jack up the price a lot because Honda doesn't make 98-00 pressure regulator anymore. Pressure regulator is hard to find, the demand is there and he has it. Monopoly? He can fix it if you are willing to pay a lot.

Comment

CNG consulting, rebuild my son’s 1999 Civic GX regulator 5 months ago. He does an excellent good!! He has rebuild kits for 1998 to 2000 Civic GX NT Regulators and Brand new ones in stock. He told me brought 30 new ones 2 yrs ago and gets used ones also. I have seen them on his parts shelves. So far I believe he is the best CNG Tech is Southern CA. He also does other vehicle repair.

I had done also with CNG Consulting
                    1. Timing belt package with water pump/ Valve adjustment
                    2. All Axle boots replaced
                    3. Tune up package cap, rotor, and wires 90k major service
                    4. Tank inspection Pass
                    5. Smog PASS
                    6. Had interior redo (Great job looks like it came out of the factory again!!! LOL) Our dog mess it up
                    7. Brake job pads replaced Rotor were resurfaced and the rear clean and adjusted
                    8. Tinted windows

YES he did all of this!!!

Scott
                    Last edited by GOCNG3; 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Good news, 98-00 owners. After corresponding with American Honda customer service by mail and telephone numerous times, I was called today and told Honda will be ordering the HPFR again from Keihin. Projected dates are June.

I suppose prices will still be quite high.

My HPFR from Conoco will be here early April (month lead time) and I'll post pictures and parts lists for the retrofit. I am still unable to post new threads.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions on the 2008 Honda Civic GX Front CV Axle? I got a quote from the dealer for $144 for each set. I see autozone has the same item for about $90. Not sure which one I should spring for.

thanks!

Ali

Comment

Autozone, if I am not mistaken it is lifetime warranty as long as you own the car.

Comment

I've used both Autozone and Checker/O'Reilly half axles before on prior Hondas and other Japanese cars. They are fine and much less expensive than the dealer parts.

Comment

How Much will the pressure regulators cost?

Comment

Hello, I have a 2002 Honda. Civic GX with a blown pressure regulator. Honda wants $1600 for the little guy and that just flat out isn't gonna happen...I only paid $5K for the car!! Does anyone have any good leads or tips so I can fix and use my otherwise well running vehicle? I saw the post above, called the guy and left a voicemail, no response yet. Please let me know, thx!

Comment

Working...
                                X