2009 GX Won't Start Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 GX Won't Start Today

I've had the car for over 3 years and it's started on the first or second crank every day except today.
    It was below zero overnight and single digits today. It was upper 20's yesterday and I drove 200+ miles, filled the tank, drove 8 miles home and parked it.
    Maybe moisture in the fuel system?
    I've tried cranking with pedal half way down and all the way down as described in the owners manual.
    My scan tool is showing 38-40 psi at the fuel rail so it seems like I'm getting fuel that far.
    Any help appreciated.

My 09 was cranky if I did not let it warm up enough to reset the (choke) throltle position sensor. The solution was to let it idle until the RPM's dropped, parking it inside after fill at home made it worse.

Comment

That's during the winter and Honda was not any help

Comment

Weather got warm enough today to mess with it. Pulled plugs and heated them up, looked like they had ice on them. Can't get the right plugs today so I put them back in and got it started, still missing on one cylinder.
        What am I looking at here? Rust on the plugs? They are the correct NGK iridium and about 3 years old and 50k miles on them, is that all you get out of these plugs?

Comment

After I got it running I discovered I had a failed #4 coil pack, so that definitely wasn't helping the cold start issue.

Comment

Originally posted by motoboy View Post
            Weather got warm enough today to mess with it. Pulled plugs and heated them up, looked like they had ice on them. Can't get the right plugs today so I put them back in and got it started, still missing on one cylinder.
            What am I looking at here? Rust on the plugs? They are the correct NGK iridium and about 3 years old and 50k miles on them, is that all you get out of these plugs?
            CNG can be up to 10% water by weight , and still meet the SAE standard for CNG. That is a lot of water. Way too much IMO. This usually happens in the winter, when pipeline gas to the station is wet..

The oem plugs are nickel plated to resist these severe corrosive conditions in CNG service. Pull the plugs every 2 years or 24k miles, and re install with a tiny amount of anti seize. You got lucky. Often in these situations, the plugs are not the oem type , get stuck and break off in the head.

In so cal, the weather is mild, and 100k + is common GX plug life.

50K in the cold does not surprise me.

Glad you got the car going again.

Comment

Working...
            X