Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

Impressive Fuel Economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrey
    started a topic Impressive Fuel Economy

Impressive Fuel Economy

Hello all!
    When I bought my GX a few weeks ago, I was expecting to save money on the $ / gallon but not as much with the economy. I've filled up five or six times and have averaged a bit over 40mpg on my mostly freeway commute with a little traffic. Really impressed with the economy and am loving the price ($2.18 last time). My current work assignment has me driving an additional 150-200 miles per week so 54 cents back at 6 cents per mile actual cost will help cover the low cost of the car. Speaking of the low cost, my 2011 one owner, extra clean GX with 100K miles, was $6,200. That is cheaper than the cost of the CNG option when it was new....

• motoboy
    commented on 's reply
    Does that have the compressor cost figured in? Because $.05 per mile is like paying $2 a GGE and getting 40 MPG.

• Alaska GX
    replied
    I came at this a bit different. I installed submeters on my FMQ , keep a spreadsheet and over 150,000 miles on my 09 GX the fuel cost a bit over $.05 per mile

Leave a comment:

• trdscfjc
    replied
    im getting 26 MPG in my 2012, as i drive it "affirmatively" love the .57 cents a gallon, currently I am using about 16 gallons per day (I pump @ 8 gallons per hour), i fill at night between 10pm and midnight (cheap rates)

Leave a comment:

• 9724VF350
    replied
    My $1800 01 GX is hanging right around 40 mpg on 1.99 fuel. I would have been happy with high 20's mpg. This thing amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    I see you are in Utah. Give Derek a call at Clean Fuels - he is a straight shooter:
    http://www.cngutah.com/

There are often GX's on KSL classifieds too.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO72
    replied
    Hi John, I am currently looking for a Honda GX for sale. Any suggestions where to find a good deal? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    Welcome to CNGchat, Andrey.
    Some great deals are out there on the natural gas (GX) Civics. The 2012 and newer ones have even better fuel economy and range. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied
    My best ever was 43mpg all hwy. I was babying it the whole time and to get there I needed to be hyper focused on my technique.
    i usually average about 38-40 on a 09 civic fueling at the same location, time of day.
    Good luck out there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X