New or Used Fuel Injectors for 98 GX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or Used Fuel Injectors for 98 GX

Prices continue to fluctuate, Autozone's price recently went up from ($168?) to $240. My 98 GX is not worth much, has ~170k miles, so it's tough to justify these spendy parts.

So the specific question: Is it worth buying used injectors from a local wrecked 2000 GX with 98k miles? Or just get it over with and buy a new one?

I wouldn't use used fuel injectors. There are plenty of new ones on eBay for under $200 with free shipping. I saw one for $172. Research Standard Motor part number FJ327. Just like the injectors from AutoZone, these are also factory, OEM, Keihin injectors.

Comment

I'll check that out. Thanks

Comment

I got the used set of 4 for $125. Cleaned them and put one in, runs well and I have spares.

Comment

Just ordered a couple injectors from Rock Auto ($157 a piece) after I saw the increase in Auto Zone's price. Hopefully Rock Auto sends me the correct injectors. I don't think I'd go with used injectors but whatever floats your cheap ass boat that may have a few holes in it.

Comment

I never had luck with having the fuel injectors serviced. If you have working ones cleaned that is probably OK but the clinkers always came back as clinkers from the service. Used to buy from Auto Zone for about $160 (yes they have them just make sure you do not get the gasoline engine ones since folks in the store are probably not familiar with CNG vehicles). Auto Zone now wants $248. Got new ones from Rock Auto for $157 today, installed them and no issues. Can't say my experience is the same as others but I've owned GXs for over a decade and have replaced a few injectors during this time and never was able to bring a clinker back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_kan View Post
              I never had luck with having the fuel injectors serviced. If you have working ones cleaned that is probably OK but the clinkers always came back as clinkers from the service. Used to buy from Auto Zone for about $160 (yes they have them just make sure you do not get the gasoline engine ones since folks in the store are probably not familiar with CNG vehicles). Auto Zone now wants $248. Got new ones from Rock Auto for $157 today, installed them and no issues. Can't say my experience is the same as others but I've owned GXs for over a decade and have replaced a few injectors during this time and never was able to bring a clinker back to life.
              When describing the injector as a "clinker", I assume you're suggesting that the audible clicking sound that the injector makes while idling is much louder than normal. No, I cannot imagine "cleaning" or "servicing" an injector with this condition would fix this problem. I still have two original injectors on my 99 GX at 309,000 miles. Both of the two bad injectors that I changed in the past were "clinkers". If you need a fuel injector for a 1998 - 2005 Civic GX, research Standard Motor part number FJ327. Yes, it seems AutoZone has now priced themselves out of business on these.

Comment

Working...
              X