Part out, scrap, none of the above?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part out, scrap, none of the above?

The tank solenoid of my my 98 GX with 225k miles on it packed it in. It has a hard shifting transmission, expired tank, no AC, marginal catalytic converters, and myriad other problems so it's not worth fixing. Are there any parts worth taking off the car before I take it to a scrap yard? Will a scrap yard even take it with it's tank fuel of gas? it's in the San Francisco Bay area.

Scott

The only cng part of value I can think of is the high pressure regulator. Junk yards will pay about $500 for most any complete cars in Metro areas of California. I have seen many cng cars in junk yards.

Comment

So the injectors would be too worn to have any value?

Comment

Originally posted by scottj043 View Post
        So the injectors would be too worn to have any value?

They have some value if you find someone looking. You might be surprised to find the most valuable used part of the car is the headliner , followed by the high pressure reg.

Unless you have the space and time to part out the car at home , selling to a wrecking yard for a complete car would be my advise.

Comment

Hmm, so what makes the headliner so valuable? I assumed all the normal Civic body parts would not be that valuable given how common the car is.

Comment

Originally posted by scottj043 View Post
            Hmm, so what makes the headliner so valuable? I assumed all the normal Civic body parts would not be that valuable given how common the car is.

Just seems to be a hot item for the wrecking yards

Comment

Working...
            X