No fix on the stutter (06-11 models) 8th Generation Civic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fix on the stutter (06-11 models) 8th Generation Civic

The is no fix from Honda on the stutter on our 2011 Civic CNG. After 3 weeks total shop time, they said take it home we cannot help you.
    So back to square one, Honda engineers said even the 2013s have it. 2 different engineers have tried every thing in the book according to them.
    So if anyone can come up with a solution, there would be glory awaiting.

Re: No fix on the stutter

The buyer must file a claim no later than six months after the vehicle odometer reads 24,000 miles or the expiration of the warranty or within 18 months of ownership, whichever arrives first. The buyer must give the seller four chances to properly repair the defect. If the condition is considered a safety issue, however, the seller must fix it in one visit.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_6831671_un...#ixzz2cztcnGW1
    It is past the Texas lemon law protection since we have owned the Civic over 2 years.
    But this is crazy, 2 field engineers cannot find the reason for the missing or near stalls.
    They only say it is a summer time problem, boy that is a winner. I need this statement to hang on the wall, along with my other duds in life.
    It appears to me Honda needs to increase the size of the engine to avoid any more conflict.

Comment

My stutter/stall problem was corrected with a new set of plugs. I would at least try that.

Comment

my thoughts would be go to your local sign shop and have large lemons made and stick them on the car with a phone number for them to call as to why you think they should not buy a new one.Than park the car in front of the dealership.and wait to see how long it is before they can find someone that can fix your car and pay you for all of your time and trouble.

Comment

What are symptoms?? Does it throw misfire codes?? Thus, has problem been re-created for Honda techs?? Have they reverted to attaching scanner while driving and capture the specific time (ie data stream) when stutter occurs??

With TX being relative "newby" for CNG Honda, have you called to Oklahoma potential repair shops (like OKC and Tulsa)??

My .02 says it's fuel starvation. I would force them to change out fuel system components like it's raining money since they can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by KSneedsCNG View Post
            What are symptoms?? Does it throw misfire codes?? Thus, has problem been re-created for Honda techs?? Have they reverted to attaching scanner while driving and capture the specific time (ie data stream) when stutter occurs??

With TX being relative "newby" for CNG Honda, have you called to Oklahoma potential repair shops (like OKC and Tulsa)??

My .02 says it's fuel starvation. I would force them to change out fuel system components like it's raining money since they can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Good luck.
            They would not let me in the shop to start with. I kept asking questions and the service lady quit talking to me.
            They supposedly had a loaner car next to it swapping out parts.
            Edit to say; It looks like the Honda dealer is using the problems of 2006 to 2013 models to say they have tried everything and have failed to solve the problem.
            So you are on your own.
            Last edited by Mingus108; 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I have been thinking you should also have a sign made telling your story of trying to get the car fixed. than put it on top of the car that way no one has to bother to call you they can just read the sign. and know that dealer cant service what they are selling. and dont care as they told you to go home.it seems to me that honda must have found the problem after 7 model years.or they are just not looking.also you might try a news station like we have 7 on your side.if they see it on the tv I bet they can find someone that can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                I have been thinking you should also have a sign made telling your story of trying to get the car fixed. than put it on top of the car that way no one has to bother to call you they can just read the sign. and know that dealer cant service what they are selling. and dont care as they told you to go home.it seems to me that honda must have found the problem after 7 model years.or they are just not looking.also you might try a news station like we have 7 on your side.if they see it on the tv I bet they can find someone that can fix it.
                You have some good ideas and it is not over with by a long shot.
                I am kicking it around and getting ideas.

I am just getting ready for another different personal problem, at my age I can just handle one thing at a time.
                I seem to be knee deep in alligators, when I am retired.

Comment

I had issues with my 09, Honda customer care was very helpful. They don't want bad press ( say CNGCHAT) call national dump dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska GX View Post
                    I had issues with my 09, Honda customer care was very helpful. They don't want bad press ( say CNGCHAT) call national dump dealer
                    My first thought is Honda did not twist my arm to buy this Civic that is certain.
                    But they need to fix it big time, because it sure will cause a lot of hesitation on other buyers looking at Honda Civics.

The fact that it is universal problem on several different years of Civics is telling, it seems that Honda is hiding that fact.
                    To me this is inexcusable on Honda's part. And I have lost a lot of respect for the company.

Comment

Luke Riley Honda would not come over here when I asked them. I told them that hell, there are people solving Hondas problems every day on the forum.

The one salesman said that they are not pushing the sales of the Honda CNG except to local cities.
                      I guess the City employees do not fuss like a private owner.

The way the stalling came about over 2 years before it showed up, makes me think the engine is to small for the load that is on it.
                      You come off of road speed, come to halt at red light with the tranie still in drive.
                      Air cond on any setting and it try's to stall. But catch's itself before it dies, some time it shakes the car.

OK now would this be a computer problem like not fast enough? Fuel Pump trying to catch up or to much fuel. Do you need a fuel bypass for excess fuel?

Honda said it is only a summertime problem, so I guess we have a seasonal Civic.
                      Last edited by John Mitton; 08-31-2013, 11:31 AM. Reason: Removed okiefarmall's inflammatory quote

Comment

I'm sure you've already done this, but this may help someone else out...
                        My 2009 had a stutter problem from the time it was new - usually after stopping while running the A/C. It wasn't that big of a deal to me until it got worse at about 120K miles. It started cutting out occasionally at high speeds. I replaced the spark plugs (very easy to do), and I think it's now running better than it ever has.

Comment

Originally posted by brianosu View Post
                          I'm sure you've already done this, but this may help someone else out...
                          My 2009 had a stutter problem from the time it was new - usually after stopping while running the A/C. It wasn't that big of a deal to me until it got worse at about 120K miles. It started cutting out occasionally at high speeds. I replaced the spark plugs (very easy to do), and I think it's now running better than it ever has.
                          If they did not change the spark plugs after 3 weeks total shop time, they will find themselves in small claim court.
                          Here in Texas they no longer allow slick lawyers in small claim court for claims under 10,000 thousand dollars. One of the best laws that has been passed for the consumer.

Comment

No Fix On The Miss At Red Lights According To North America Honda

I have just received a phone call From Carlo of North America Honda advising me of this recorded statement.
                            It looks like Honda owners are on their own in this statement.
                            I wonder how they will advise the consumer on buying their product?

Comment

Well here goes: My first post. I've had the same problem with my 1st gen GX. I just went thru the same miss-fire issues that there seem to be tons of threads on. I did everything in series to correct the problem. I adjusted the valves, changed the cap rotor plugs and wires checked the EGR valve and then changed the high pressure filter. I even invested in a code reader which gave me multiple miss-fire codes. At that point i felt is was a bad injector but wanted to do a compression/leak down test first before spending the big $$ on a new one. Which brings me back to changing the plugs. When changing out #2 it was incredibly difficult to get the plug out and it was tougher getting in.

Being my BMOT I needed to keep it running so i just got the plug down to where it just seated and decided it was time to seek professional help. In steps Bruce at AFT, I took it down to him for a diagnosis. First off, what a great guy very engaging with that old skool hot rod background. As a lifelong hot rod fanatic his shop was unexpected treat. He took in my vehicle, did a "time cert" threaded insert to fix my # 2 hole, did the full compression test (250 PSI across the bank) and diagnosed the car as having bad # 2 injector (which I already knew). He let me order my own injector which I got overnighted from injector warehouse (which I installed in about 10 minutes) after getting my car back from AFT (at a fair price btw). Bottom line the injector fixed the problem. Since it seems the injector was leaking full time into the cylinder chamber a number of issues were cured. Low fuel rail pressure due to the leak and was causing all cylinders misfire, raw fuel dumping through the cat was causing the rotten egg smell and bad fuel economy. Same was making me think there was a system leak since I was smelling raw gas a lot. The bad injector was kind of obvious since it clacked louder than the rest.

2 weeks later - I just found out I still have the stutter. It happens when I run the AC in hot weather or do a lot of stop and go driving. I'm guessing the under hood heat is causing the fuel rail and cng plumbing to heat up and maybe its causing the gas inside to become too thin and start to fall out of the narrow cng ignition envelope causing a misfire condition...Maybe venting the AC discharge heat away from the fuel injection system might help?

Comment

Working...
                              X