Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

2013 Civic GX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Civic GX

forgot to add "Get to use the Carpool Lane and am polluting less than x (some factor that everyone understands)"

Comment

Originally posted by llcng View Post

Members - Who do I talk to about doing CNG Across America 2013? I really want to make cross country travel on CNG a reality NOW. I don't know why a few strategically placed stations can't be done now and take energy security into our own hands. Maybe I'm still flush with newbie enthusiasm and will see the stark reality of greed, politics, or whatever that's causing CNG to not be more widespread.
      Congrats and welcome, I did Jacksonville FL to OKC with 2012 Civic and that was very easy. Unfortunately I give up on my DC trip. What is so annoying that some stations only working M-F during normal working hours or even less. I am still determined to do my Indianapolis and Chicago trip. West from OK is really bad with TX, NM, and AZ having just few stations and distance between them far exceeding Civic range. I did 335 miles on one tank but will not try this again without knowing that there is many stations around, From my experience what is really needed is to remove from people "scary pressure and explosion factor" of cng. I do not understand why local natural gas companies are not interested to sell more product that they have and most of them already using cng for their cars so equipment is not a problem, what is needed is dispenser located in front of the gate. To me is a joke that I have to watch safety video before pumping cng in TX, LA and FL or special registration to use station. Enjoy your car like every other car most miles are done not far from your location, doing cross country is a hassle for now but that will change.

Comment

Hey gang,
        Please focus discussions on California buy-down incentives here:
        http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....0970#post60970

Let's keep this thread on topic of the upcoming 2013 Civic model.

Comment

I saw a 2013 Civic Natural Gas at ACT 2013 in Washington, DC yesterday. VIN #442, production 01/13. Honda rep said they have been selling to fleets only for a while.

Comment

Abe,

The MY13 Civic CNG made it's debut at the ACT Expo this week. The Civic has NOT been sold previously and our Field Sales Consultants were informed this past Sunday that beginning with the Expo we would start taking fleet orders only. The MY13 Civic will be rolled out for retail purposes in a month or two as dealer inventory of MY12s decline.

MY13 Civic CNG has all the handsome updates the gasoline versions received several months ago.

Comment

Does anyone have an update on the '13 availability? Want to buy a new one!

Comment

MY13s became available to certified dealers for fleet sales in mid-June. MY13s have not yet been released to dealers for retail purposes.

Comment

I bought one last week from Don Carlton Honda in Tulsa. My wife loves the blue color so much that she might sell her 2011 bi-fuel Tahoe. Other than numerous cosmetic touchups, the main functional differences are a backup camera and automatic headlights. And the selling price has gone back to normal... :-)
                  Craig
                  '13 Honda Civic Natural Gas (bright blue!)
                  '12 Honda Civic Natural Gas
                  '11 bi-fuel Chevy Tahoe
                  www.burnusgas.com

Comment

Very happy to annouce that the Free Fuel Card Program for the leftover MY12 Civic CNGs has been extended two months. The program has a new conclusion date of October 31st. Please note, I don't expect the program to be extended again as we have far fewer than 300 Civic CNGs at dealers and at their current sales rate we should be sold out within two months.

So if you've been considering a CNG powered Civic the deals on MY12s have never been better. If you wait much longer you'll be left out.

Thank you.

Eric

Comment

Re: Master thread re: California buy-down for 2012 Civic Natural Gas

With it being mid September 2013 , I really don't think any non-fleet '13 Civic NG models will be built . Start thinking 2014. Still have smokin hot deals on new 2012's out here in the west.

Comment

There are approximately 250 MY12 Civic CNGs in dealer inventory across the country. There are 200 certified dealers and you only have to go on the Honda web site to determine the locations of the dealers closest to you. If the dealer you contact doesn't have inventory they can always sucure something from a neighboring dealer that does.

MY13s have been built and went on sale to dealers back in June. Numbers are limited but they are available to dealers who request one.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Rosenberg View Post
                          MY13s have been built and went on sale to dealers back in June. Numbers are limited but they are available to dealers who request one.
                          Eric,

I was told that none of the MY13s that have been built have NAVI, is that true?

Brian

Comment

I wrote to 3 honda dealers:

Majestic Honda (one in Rhode Island and other can't remember the location)

I also wrote to Herb Chambers in MA and they did not respond as well.

I just wrote to both the dealers again for the 2012 model.

I am also curious to know that what are the significant changes in 2013/2014 model. Is it the mileage improvement, more cargo space?

Thanks to all
                            Last edited by John Mitton; 09-21-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

There are no Navis in the MY13 mix.
                              Last edited by John Mitton; 09-21-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by threeclaws
                                2013 has better interior materials (better plastic/cloth and soft touch dash,) a better driving experience (some updates to the suspension/steering) and some updated safety features (something with the side air bags.)
                                Thank you very much
                                Last edited by John Mitton; 09-21-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X