Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I salvage from a low miles First Gen Honda GX (frame damage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I salvage from a low miles First Gen Honda GX (frame damage)

What should I salvage from a low miles First Gen Honda GX (frame damage)

I found a non-repairable, no title 1st gen GX.

I was hoping someone had a list of all the CNG parts I should strip.
    Is there a link to a schematic?

Eng/trans already pulled.

thanks in advance.

Re: What should I salvage from a low miles First Gen Honda GX (frame damage)

Pressure regulator, fueltank CAUTION , only if you can apply 12 v to the solonoid and vent it first to a safe outdoor location (leave it in the cradle , do not unbolt the straps. ) Fuel filling fitting. The pressure regulators are prob. already gone with the engine.

Comment

If first generation means something '98 to 2000, then maybe it's best to not even mess with the tank? or at least see what the expiration date is, put out an ad and see if you can get a real buyer first before messing with it?
      2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
      Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
      Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
      Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

thanks for the quick reply,
        are there any electronics, dash parts, instrument cluster, cruise control if any.... worth grabbing?

Comment

What year is it? I may buy some parts from you if I know the year.. Also, miles on car?

Comment

Speaking of damaged GXs. Go to copart.com. There are currently 2 crashed ones for sale. Type in civic gx in the search area. One in Salt Lake, one in Martinez, CA.

Comment

If the tank can be vented, the solenoid valve could be worth alot to the right person.
              '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
              (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

Im definately interested in the tank, Ill give you $1000 for it. 970 749 6953

Comment

Tank and solenoid; high-pressure fuel regulator; the ECM and the injector controller are unique the cng model and very hard to get I would salvage those.

Doubt the HPFR is gone with the motor. Look on the firewall it's still there.
                  People want the GX motor because of the high compression they can turn into a Gasoline high-performance model without too much difficulty. Look on any Honda schematic under the parts Category called CNG: fuel pipe and you'll see all the parts needed for this model from the fuel tank to the high-pressure f Fuel regulator.

So is a very minimum I would take the brains controllers wiring harnesses and all the fuel system parts. The rest are basic Honda civic parts.

Comment

Working...
                  X