Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 4x4 Chevrolet 2500HD Dedicated

Originally posted by earljr View Post
    So maybe 11ish around town? Hopefully 8mpg is an EPA typo. I get about 12 around town and maybe 16 to 18 highway in my 2004 F150. I want to trade for something with lower miles.

How do you like your truck? Any experience in how it might compare to my 2004 F150?
    I'm a Chevy guy, so I like Chevys better than Fords. But the '04 F150 is a good CNG truck. I don't think you can go wrong with that or an '05 Chevy Silverado. I love my '03, it's been great. If you don't need the 3/4 ton chassis than I would probably stick with the F150 and get the better MPGGe.

Yeah, I probably get 10 - 11 around town.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Mine is a crew cab 4x4 with 315 tires and I have never got worse than 10 I average around 14.
      GM World Class, F1 Cert
      05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
      03 Cavalier
      01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

Advice from Chevy 2500HD Owner...

I just completed my first month of driving a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Extended cab 2wd dedicated cng pickup.

I drove about 650 miles so far with the following results: 11.767 MPG mixed city and highway. Max MPG was 13.6 and low was 10.0

I like to get CNG near my home from the city of Newport Beach lot. They charge $2.54 GGE But, I do try to fill up at ARCO sometimes because their price is $1.91 GGE My cost per mile for CNG averages $0.21 per mile.

I feel strongly about keeping my money in America or North America and helping to keep jobs here. CNG makes me feel good about this.

Here is my only complaint about CNG, The best distance I have gotten off a tank of CNG for this truck has been 138 miles. At 1/4 tank on gage, the truck would bounce from 1/4 to empty. The truck then started to kill and luckily I made it to the CNG station before I had to push. I need to visit the CNG station almost every day. My area near my home (Orange County CA) has many CNG stations which is great. But, I am not able to drive this truck to Las Vegas or Lake Havasu. We need a few more CNG stations or an extra sent of tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffm View Post
          Advice from Chevy 2500HD Owner...

I just completed my first month of driving a 2006 Chevy 2500HD Extended cab 2wd dedicated cng pickup.

I drove about 650 miles so far with the following results: 11.767 MPG mixed city and highway. Max MPG was 13.6 and low was 10.0

I like to get CNG near my home from the city of Newport Beach lot. They charge $2.54 GGE But, I do try to fill up at ARCO sometimes because their price is $1.91 GGE My cost per mile for CNG averages $0.21 per mile.

I feel strongly about keeping my money in America or North America and helping to keep jobs here. CNG makes me feel good about this.

Here is my only complaint about CNG, The best distance I have gotten off a tank of CNG for this truck has been 138 miles. At 1/4 tank on gage, the truck would bounce from 1/4 to empty. The truck then started to kill and luckily I made it to the CNG station before I had to push. I need to visit the CNG station almost every day. My area near my home (Orange County CA) has many CNG stations which is great. But, I am not able to drive this truck to Las Vegas or Lake Havasu. We need a few more CNG stations or an extra sent of tanks.
          It sounds like you have fuel pressure/delivery problem. I would get it checked out. You should be getting a lot more mileage than 138 miles, even if you only get it down to a 1/4 empty. I believe that the dedicated Silverados have the same size of CNG fuel tank as the bi-fuel Silverados.
          Jared.
          Mountain Green, Utah
          2003 CNG Cavalier
          2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X