This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rebuilt Gas Mass Sensors for Cavaliers

I got my truck running on CNG today! Thanks in part to your explanation and to a fellow from Utah who showed me how to check if the gas has come thru to the LPL. I installed a GMS from a cavalier with no results so I was almost ready to send one or both to the guy that rebuilds them. I just did not want to spend the $500. I decided to try the LPR from the cavalier and it worked!! Now I have 2 GMS/MCV units that work.
    Thanks again, Mark

Comment

That's great! It's a good feeling to get it back to normal CNG operation. Have you opened up the old one to see what might have caused the issue? I have only had the top off of my LPR and cleaned up the diaphragm and put it back together. I assume the diaphragm would be the main issue here.

Comment

Yes I did open the LPR from the truck and could not see anything wrong. The base plate is different on the Cavalier so I took the innards out and discovered they were somewhat different size and different springs under the diaphragm but I could fit the base plate from the truck on it. When I put it back together it did not work! I did not use any gasket glue or petroleum jelly. I disassembled it 3 times and gave up. The next morning it worked!!! My guess is there was a little air leak until it sat for a while.
        I was thinking my Bosch O2 sensor or who knows what else was my problem but it is all good today!

Comment

With the Cavaliers ending their useful CNG lives due to expired tanks we are no longer selling rebuilt gas mass sensors. We've given all of our spare parts to our skilled technician who is able to rebuild them. He just told me that due to lack of demand he is now doing rebuilds for $150. Contact us at 801-802-6080 if you need a rebuild.
          www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
          X