Injector for 03-04 Cavalier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector for 03-04 Cavalier

Anybody know where I can get a CNG injector for an '04 Bi-fuel Cavalier? The only part number I can find is for a gasoline injector. It looks very similar to a GX injector but different enough that they aren't compatible.
    2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
    2013 Tesla Model S 85

Re: Injector for 03-04 Cavalier

We can clean, flush and flow test the injectors if you want to check to make sure the ones you have can be saved.
    Lancer Automotive Group
    3687 South 300 West
    Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I had a shop check it out and it is definitely a frozen up injector. 3 are flowing fine but they couldn't revive #4.
      I contacted the manufacturer (Quantum) and they told me that I would have to go through GM.
      The GM part # is 52371745 (F-INJR CNG)

They cost about $500 / each.
      2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Try this place. I've found them to have consistently lower prices for OEM GM parts, even with shipping added in.

http://gmotors.com/request_form.asp

Comment

www.gmpartsdirect.com has them listed for $300.
          Jared.
          Mountain Green, Utah
          2003 CNG Cavalier
          2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer Automotive Group View Post
            We can clean, flush and flow test the injectors if you want to check to make sure the ones you have can be saved.
            Lancer,

How much do you charge for CNG Injector cleaning?
            Jared.
            Mountain Green, Utah
            2003 CNG Cavalier
            2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

For a 4 cylinder you are looking at $125.00 for cleaning and a flow test with printed report on each injector.
              Lancer Automotive Group
              3687 South 300 West
              Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

This might be a little late in this story, but just how did the shop determine the injector was "frozen"? Did they apply 12 volts to it to see if it was stuck? Also what codes were retrived from the vehicle when it was running with a "frozen" injector? Just interested, thanks .

Comment

The code was a P0304 - misfire on cyl 4.

The mechanic put 12 volts onto the leads and heard nothing. The other injectors were clicking. He sprayed some carb cleaner into the injector and let it soak and tried it after a few hours and it didn't improve.

Thanks for the input from all the experts. It's nice when the community can share knowledge to help resolve a problem. I'll know where to go to get genuine GM parts in the future.
                  2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Originally posted by nttrainer View Post
                    The code was a P0304 - misfire on cyl 4.

The mechanic put 12 volts onto the leads and heard nothing. The other injectors were clicking. He sprayed some carb cleaner into the injector and let it soak and tried it after a few hours and it didn't improve.

Thanks for the input from all the experts. It's nice when the community can share knowledge to help resolve a problem. I'll know where to go to get genuine GM parts in the future.

I have isolated an injector that still clicks but fails to actually inject.

Now I find out that there is a shortage of these injectors. Thanks GM. Pulled the fuse so am running on gasoline.

Next time it might be the Nissan Leaf, screw GM

Comment

Originally posted by dougbert View Post
                      I have isolated an injector that still clicks but fails to actually inject.

Now I find out that there is a shortage of these injectors. Thanks GM. Pulled the fuse so am running on gasoline.

Next time it might be the Nissan Leaf, screw GM
                      I lost an injector in mine. Lancer Automotive had an injector from a V8 CNG GM truck they installed in it's place last summer. It mostly works. By mostly I mean if the outside temperature is less than 70*F the thing misses badly until the engine is all the way warmed up. This isn't a problem in the summertime, but right about now, it's a bit of a pain and sets a code/engine light. I bought one of those $25 Bluetooth OBD@ scan tools and just clear it with my phone. In the winter, however, I just pull the fuse. It takes way too long for the engine to come up to temperature during that time of the year.

YMMV but it's a way to at least get some use out of the CNG system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Lurkin View Post
                        I lost an injector in mine. Lancer Automotive had an injector from a V8 CNG GM truck they installed in it's place last summer. It mostly works. By mostly I mean if the outside temperature is less than 70*F the thing misses badly until the engine is all the way warmed up. This isn't a problem in the summertime, but right about now, it's a bit of a pain and sets a code/engine light. I bought one of those $25 Bluetooth OBD@ scan tools and just clear it with my phone. In the winter, however, I just pull the fuse. It takes way too long for the engine to come up to temperature during that time of the year.

YMMV but it's a way to at least get some use out of the CNG system.
                        hey thanks, that is good to know.

do you have an address for Lancer?

dougbert

Comment

Here is Lancer's web site:
                          http://www.lancerautogroup.com/

They are a sponsor here at CNGchat of the "Service" forum and my personal go-to for CNG repairs in Utah. Please let them know you heard about them here

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                            Here is Lancer's web site:
                            http://www.lancerautogroup.com/

They are a sponsor here at CNGchat of the "Service" forum and my personal go-to for CNG repairs in Utah. Please let them know you heard about them here
                            I have an injector fail on my 2004 Cav and the only source for new or rebuilt injectors is a guy in CA named Carl Jennings. He is the only one in North America that has new Injectors and is also the only one Authorized to rebuild them. They are very pricey but better than having my Cav sit undriveable. He is very good to work with and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him. Here is his contact info:

CNG Consulting of California
                            Carl Jennings
                            San Pedro, CA
                            jennings804@yahoo.com
                            Phone# 310-612-7745

Comment

Originally posted by davedlloyd View Post
                              I have an injector fail on my 2004 Cav and the only source for new or rebuilt injectors is a guy in CA named Carl Jennings. He is the only one in North America that has new Injectors and is also the only one Authorized to rebuild them. They are very pricey but better than having my Cav sit undriveable. He is very good to work with and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him. Here is his contact info:

CNG Consulting of California
                              Carl Jennings
                              San Pedro, CA
                              jennings804@yahoo.com
                              Phone# 310-612-7745

From this post I talked to Carl and since I was already going to So California for Thanksgiving, I made an appointment with him and he went the extra mile and worked with me (it was his vacation time).

Got 1 new injector
                              Repaired 1 old injector
                              cleaned 2 old injectors.

Was able to drive back to Utah entirely on CNG. Thanks SOOO much. Yeah these sidelined vehicles do cost more to keep going, but I should reap the cost in 10 months of driving.

Highly recommend him.

dougbert

Comment

Working...
                              X