This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Emissions test not ready 01 Chevy Cavalier

Thanks so much for posting about the exemption!!! I have been wrestling with my 2001 Cavalier since first of Oct. trying to get it to pass. I will let you know what my local Jiffy Lube says.

Comment

To bypass the OBDII test and do the tailpipe sniff they need to put in an exception code. The code is 201 (two-zero-one). At least that is what Utah County uses. I'm not sure if it is the same in the other counties.
      Last edited by nttrainer; 11-15-2009, 09:48 AM.
      2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
      2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

I am new and I can not post a new thread and I need help. Please, Please. I have a 2001 Cavalier and went to Emmissions today and they have to test both Gasoline and on the CNG and it has to be right then and there. My car when it has CNG in it, runs on CNG and only after that is gone will it switch to Gasoline. Well I can't figure how to switch from CNG to gasoline and they don't know or care, and wont pass the car until I can show them how to do it. They wont let me come in on Gasoline and come back an hour later with CNG. Does anyone know how I can go to Emmissions and let them check the CNG and then know how I can make it run on Gasoline for there stupid test. It is so hot here in Arizona, and my wife spent 7 hours dealing with the most uncaring people in the world. Thank You so much for any help you can give.. Thank You Lanny

Comment

Take it in running on CNG, then pull the Alt Fuel fuse in the engine compartment and it will switch to gasoline.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

I think on an 01 Cavalier it will actually say CNG on the fuse box. It's probably a good idea to turn off the car before pulling the fuse.
            www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Thank You so much. 2 emmission places didn't know about the fuse, 3 Chevy places didn't know, searched the web for 6 hour's, paid $19.00 on Ask.com to Chevy Master mechanic and his suggestion was to time my visit to emmissions so the CNG would run out and the Gas wpould start up. LOL What a long day but today because of this Forum everything went so smooth. Thank You to Everyone

Comment

Working...
              X