This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Centralized Parts info for Cavalier here

The OEM manufacturer is GM Alternative fuels---which at the time was Impco or Quantum Technologies. There are no replacements from them. Your best bet is E-bay or Craig's list--vehicles with these things on them are being parted out all the time. Any Cavalier prior to 2003 should work and some older pickups use the same GMS/MCV assembly. Try some of the servicing guys on this forum as they may be able to clean/repair the one you have. The price quoted by wheelhorse1962 (I had one of those) seems about right except for the "shipping and handling"---sounds like QVC or home shopping network, not GM.

Comment

Looking to replace the HPR in my son's 01 Cavalier.
      Equipment & Systems Eng inc. in Miami quoted $314.55 shipping additional. On Ebay the same HPR 3600 sells for $229.75 shipping included. GMpartsdirect quoted online price of $615.16 for the GM part# 52369169 which is the GM replacement. For the difference in price of $386, I am considering using the Impco HPR 3600 which appears to be a close replacement.
      However, images from the vendor raises questions that may be answered by those who have performed the replacement.
      On the original HPR in the vehicle and in figure 10 on page 11 pictured in the hpr 3600 installation.pdf may 7, 08 rev 0 by dovh49 shows a seal, filter spring and adapter that screws back into the new HPR inlet side stub as it appears has been done in the refitted HPR seen in figure 11.
      In the image of the new HPR 3600 provided to me by the vendor it shows a flat faced threaded inlet stub and no apparent recess that would allow one to reinstall the filter spring and adapter. It seems as though a union and threaded for-seal with oring channel would need to be installed.
      Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by ddanens
        I am looking for a AF-ECM Module for my 2002 Cavalier. Part # 52369822. The dealer wants $1800.00 for this part and it is way too expensive. The cheapest I have seen this is just under $1000.00 I am willing to pay up to $400.00 for a good used one.

Dave
        If the $1,000 part is brand new and you are going to pass it up , please post the part supplier info for others. Some will pay that for a new one.

Comment

Tried this link
          http://www.usedenginecomputers.com/s...hevy~CAVALIER/

Originally posted by ddanens
          I am looking for a AF-ECM Module for my 2002 Cavalier. Part # 52369822. The dealer wants $1800.00 for this part and it is way too expensive. The cheapest I have seen this is just under $1000.00 I am willing to pay up to $400.00 for a good used one.

Dave

Comment

did you ever find the circuit boards for the gas mass sensor? i have a damaged board. also does anyone any pictures of a working board. I would like to see what one looks like to see if the damage can be fixed thanks.

Comment

I am looking for an afecm for a 2000 chev cavalier. any help greatly appreciated. I know gm no longer makes this part so I need to buy used. looking for a good deal. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by amy View Post
                I am looking for an afecm for a 2000 chev cavalier. any help greatly appreciated. I know gm no longer makes this part so I need to buy used. looking for a good deal. thanks
                I have one that would need to be repaired professionally i will sell for cheap.

Comment

I have a 2000 bi fuel Cavalier that has a broken y fitting in the heater hose.This is the fitting that sends coolant back to the HPR.Does anybody have any idea where I can find a replacement?

Comment

For the Y fitting on the hose, call CNG Pitstop at 801-224-1171. Gary has fabricated a solution for that part.
                    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I am parting out a 1999 and a 2001 Chev Cavalier. The '99 has a bad transmission. Many of the CNG system parts including the computer board, high pressure switch and carburetor system are available, as well as small things like doors, windows, handles etc.
                      The 2001 has a bad engine. Most other parts are in good useable condition.
                      I will consider a purchase for the entire car. Please make inquires with your interests.

Warlord

Comment

Hi, all.
                        My '99 Cavalier stopped running with a radiator problem, but not before I got the gas mass sensor circuit board overhauled and replaced the LPG diaphragm for $800+ and drove it long enough to know that the alternative fuel unit became the one part of my vehicle that worked well. I would like it to go to a good home for a reasonable offer.

Comment

POSTED 12-29-2018
                          Hi, I have two 2001 CNG Bi-Fuel Cavaliers not running. I'll sell the pair of them for a total price of $800. Need to clear out storage lot.
                          The CNG systems were working fine when I parked them in storage. One needs head gasket the other started a bottom end knock in the last 2 miles before reaching home. Moving the newly installed head from one car to the other would quickly give you a good complete running car and a extra car for your own parts supply or to part out and recover all of your initial investment. Will consider parting out.
                          Located in Lake Elsinore, CA
                          Call for more information.
                          Tom Lewis Dana Point
                          Direct cell 949 246-6844 email cessna206@aol.com call or text for fastest reply.
                          If you want to see a picture Google 2001 four door Cavalier and look for a picture of a white one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna206 View Post
                            POSTED 12-29-2018
                            Hi, I have two 2001 CNG Bi-Fuel Cavaliers not running. I'll sell the pair of them for a total price of $800. Need to clear out storage lot.
                            The CNG systems were working fine when I parked them in storage. One needs head gasket the other started a bottom end knock in the last 2 miles before reaching home. Moving the newly installed head from one car to the other would quickly give you a good complete running car and a extra car for your own parts supply or to part out and recover all of your initial investment. Will consider parting out.
                            Located in Lake Elsinore, CA
                            Call for more information.
                            Tom Lewis Dana Point
                            Direct cell 949 246-6844 email cessna206@aol.com call or text for fastest reply.
                            If you want to see a picture Google 2001 four door Cavalier and look for a picture of a white one.
                            The most valuable parts are the alternate fuel computers and wiring harness for same . Located behind the drivers headlight. The cars will run on gasoline without this installed. The other valuable parts are gas mass sensors and pressure regulators.. I would guess that a good alternate fuel computer with harness is worth more than the entire scrap value of each car.

Lancer automotive in Utah , cngutah, or A1 alternate fuels in Fresno may be interested in the alt fuel computers. or you could list in our Marketplace section on this website.

Comment

Working...
                            X