X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jp5888
    started a topic 2015 CNG Impala with problems

2015 CNG Impala with problems

My dad has a 2015 CNG Impala with very low mileage, took it back to the dealer because it wouldn't run on CNG. Turns out it let a little too much pressure into the system past the high pressure regulator. Diagnosis is it needs a new high pressure regulator. It has been at the dealer now for at least 4 months because they can't find one anywhere. My dad is dealing with General Motors directly as well, it seems they are probably going to buy the vehicle back. The company they contracted to do the conversions went bankrupt and closed up shop. They say they are contracting another company to make a replacement, but it will be some time before they are ready. It's a shame too, very nice car and it worked nicely before the issue occurred.

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    I kind of got the feeling that they did not want to say " yeah you where right we had to replace the HPR" because I would have had my car back a week earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Wike R
    replied
    I doubt that they would change components on the HPR. When I contacted Rotorex they gave the usual no serviceable componets on HPR. I was looking at buying a spare unit to source the transducer and the shutoff.

Leave a comment:

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    Got my car back today and it is working as it should be. They told me on the phone that they replaced the regulator but the paper work says they replaced a solenoid on the pressure regulator. They also replaced the filter and told me that it is not covered under my free 24 month service plan but they where not going to charge me the $200 because I had to make so many trips to get my car fixed. I had to laugh when they told me $200 on the filter replacement. Service manager said the filter was $140 and $60 labor. Just for fun I told the service manager that the car was not running on CNG ( deer in the headlights look) I then told her that was OK because it was cold and should switch over as soon as it warmed up but if it wasn't on cng by the time I got to the highway I was coming back.

Leave a comment:

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    They replaced the sensor that was telling them the HPR wasn't working.

Leave a comment:

• Wike R
    replied
    What actual service did the dealership perform on your vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• cowboy
    replied
    might be time to get some stick on lemons and stick them on the car and send a photo to every email that you can find at gm. when I think I have high pressure regulator problems I plumb a gauge in to the fuel rail and tape the gauge to the hood so I can see it real time and go for a drive. remember KISS
    Last edited by cowboy; 11-24-2018, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    Latest update. Made the 2 hour trip back to the dealer to pick up my fixed car and did not make it out of the lot before the check engine light came back on with the same readings. They are going to work on it again next week.

Leave a comment:

• Wike R
    replied
    Has anyone ordered a Parker HP filter lately. The the on Ebay with the Parker part number show that they are a product of China are these knockoffs or are Parker filters now made in China.

Leave a comment:

• Wike R
    replied
    Does anyone know the difference between the Parker or the Omnitek hp filters that fit the Impala.. Both of these brands are direct replacement for GM 5237122 hp unit that is discontinued.

Leave a comment:

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    Went to the dealer today and left the car. Service manager told me they can not get a filter. It is unavailable and not back orderable. On a side note if your rear window defrost does not work they have to replace the back glass.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied
    I Believe CNGUTAH still sells filters www.CNGUTAH.com Click on parts before the site re-direct.

Leave a comment:

• siai47
    replied
    Make sure they are trying to order the HPR with the new part number. The original number was superseded. At the time mine was ordered, there were a bunch of them in the Lansing, Mi. warehouse. Yes, the element for the filter (under the car) is the same as the Parker used on all of the GM CNG cars. There is an additional filter on the engine that needs to be changed at a 24K mile interval. Its a little paper filter on top of the engine. I was able to get the filter, however be careful removing the cover on the housing to replace it as the cover itself is no longer available.

Leave a comment:

• cowboy
    replied
    I thought that a manufacturer had to have parts and service for 7 years used to be ten am I wrong

Leave a comment:

• alpacafarmer
    replied
    They looked at it Fri. and told me they had to order a pressure sensor as the one on my car was not giving the right readings. I now have another 4hour trip on Tues. My guess is they will put on the new sensor and then will need to order the HPR . I also asked them to replace the cng filter that is due to replaced. They said GM did not have them in stock and could be months to get one. Does anyone know if this is a parker filter like on most CNG's . That is what the picture looks like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X