Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

2015 CNG Impala with problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not talk directly to the service manager and explain that engine code is directly related to the regulator and is simply a re and re of the regulator. Also remind him that this is not the last vehicle you plan to own.
    Best of luck!

Comment

Alpa can you give us an update on your progress, any good news?

Comment

GM got back with a list of dealers that will work on my car. The closest one is 3 hours away. I find it very hard to believe there is no one that can do this between Columbus OH and Pittsburgh. I have an appointment on Fri. at the dealership where I bought the car. They want to look at it but won't make any promises about fixing it.

Comment

It isn't rocket science to diagnose or replace the regulator. You have the codes that point to the regulator. All dealers have access to the service instructions to change the regulator. My dealer had never changed a regulator or worked on any of the CNG pressurized fuel components before. He wasn't "GM certified" to do it. However, they accepted the task and completed it and everything worked out well. They have GM technical support staff they can contact if there is a problem. They just need the desire to work on it and keep one of their customers happy.

Comment

They looked at it Fri. and told me they had to order a pressure sensor as the one on my car was not giving the right readings. I now have another 4hour trip on Tues. My guess is they will put on the new sensor and then will need to order the HPR . I also asked them to replace the cng filter that is due to replaced. They said GM did not have them in stock and could be months to get one. Does anyone know if this is a parker filter like on most CNG's . That is what the picture looks like.

Comment

I thought that a manufacturer had to have parts and service for 7 years used to be ten am I wrong

Comment

Make sure they are trying to order the HPR with the new part number. The original number was superseded. At the time mine was ordered, there were a bunch of them in the Lansing, Mi. warehouse. Yes, the element for the filter (under the car) is the same as the Parker used on all of the GM CNG cars. There is an additional filter on the engine that needs to be changed at a 24K mile interval. Its a little paper filter on top of the engine. I was able to get the filter, however be careful removing the cover on the housing to replace it as the cover itself is no longer available.

Comment

I Believe CNGUTAH still sells filters www.CNGUTAH.com Click on parts before the site re-direct.

Comment

Went to the dealer today and left the car. Service manager told me they can not get a filter. It is unavailable and not back orderable. On a side note if your rear window defrost does not work they have to replace the back glass.

Comment

Does anyone know the difference between the Parker or the Omnitek hp filters that fit the Impala.. Both of these brands are direct replacement for GM 5237122 hp unit that is discontinued.

Comment

Has anyone ordered a Parker HP filter lately. The the on Ebay with the Parker part number show that they are a product of China are these knockoffs or are Parker filters now made in China.

Comment

Latest update. Made the 2 hour trip back to the dealer to pick up my fixed car and did not make it out of the lot before the check engine light came back on with the same readings. They are going to work on it again next week.

Comment

might be time to get some stick on lemons and stick them on the car and send a photo to every email that you can find at gm. when I think I have high pressure regulator problems I plumb a gauge in to the fuel rail and tape the gauge to the hood so I can see it real time and go for a drive. remember KISS
                            Last edited by cowboy; 11-24-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

What actual service did the dealership perform on your vehicle.

Comment

They replaced the sensor that was telling them the HPR wasn't working.

Comment

Working...
                                X