Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

2015 CNG Impala with problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for the info. Can you give me a heads up on where one could order one for in the $400 range. Showing no product availability in Ontario.

​d

Comment

Several dealers sell parts at discounts. Try GM Parts Direct. They are a dealer that does this and has a page you put in your car make, model and year. Then select the bi-fuel model and then fuel system. You will see the regulator and the price. Pay and it ships. BTW--- the part number you are looking for is 84016245. Check a couple of sites. I found it for US $396.96 on one site, didn't check too many others as I wasn't paying for it (warranty)
      Last edited by siai47; 09-30-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Looks Like $506 Ca up north https://www.gmpartsdepot.ca/p/Chevro.../84016245.html

Comment

The main HP regulator is showing #52373032 as N/A does 84016245 supersede that part number? Please

​​​​​

Comment

The 84016245 is what the dealer ordered and installed in my car. It's possible it is a superseded part # when they either ran out of the old regulator or made a change that makes it so it won't stick (hopefully). BTW if you are going to install this yourself, make sure you torque the high pressure fittings to 30 ft lbs of torque. This is per the SI. It seems really high for the size of the fitting but if you undertorque it, it will leak. Ask my dealer how he knows !.

Comment

Thanks Si Interesting to know for sure if it has been superseded, I will inquire with Rotorex and see if they will give any info as to a updated reg on the Impala.

Comment

Well it looks like I just joined the club. My 2015 impala with less than 12000 miles will not run on cng. I have the PO1a9 code and the soonest the dealer can get me in is Nov. 7th at which point they will not have the part.

Comment

Back from the dealer. They told me they don't work on any CNG. I may want to check in Pittsburgh or columbus.

Comment

What was the condition of the high pressure filter. Rotarex replied to my enquiry and stated that some of the failures could be attributed to contamination of the reg. I have seen this firsthand with my ITT Reg after disassembly, which related back to my Fuelmaker being the source of contamination.

Comment

2016 Impala Bi-Fuel CNG/Gas Problems
                      Posted to Technical Tips Forum on 10/14/2015

This is another post that will only be of use to G.M. technicians at the present time.

If you see a 2015 or 2016 CNG Bi-fuel Impala with a complaint of SES on and will not operate in CNG mode, check for P125D and P01A9 set current.

P125D is for the alternate fuel high pressure system small leak detected and P01A9 is for the alternate fuel rail pressure too high. If you see these codes, command the alternate fuel pressure regulator through the complete range of the control valves. If the up response is not immediate and the down response does not stabilize within 2 seconds, the alternate fuel rail pressure regulator is sticking.

The leak code is due to the high pressure bleeding through the regulator when the vehicle is off, causing a leak detection fault and the increase in rail pressure due to the regulator leak is causing high rail pressure on start up after sitting for a time. This sets the P01A9 code. G.M. is aware of this problem and a recall is forthcoming.

Comment

The vehicle must be under warranty for them to pass you off. If this was a T&M job they would not mind you footing the bill to train thier techs. Have you given GM a call in regards to your situation.

Comment

If it is under warranty, it is GM's problem to fix it. If their local independent dealer won't touch it, then I would contact GM directly. My small town dealer went ahead and tackled the problem even when I am sure their techs aren't trained in CNG repair. They have service guides and support available. It was no big deal for them--and no argument about working on it. Let GM find a dealer to fix it and get the car to that dealer and returned on their dime. As a side note, I have heard and seen contamination from CNG compressors (like oil carryover). However, it would really be hard for me to fault a Fuelmaker compressor for causing failure in a CNG system as it is an oilless compressor. The gas stream feeding it must be a mess and the filter in the compressor and in the vehicle must never have been maintained. I think your Rotarex guy might have been deflecting the problem away from them. Too many failures of the regulator on such a limited release vehicle. Just saying-----

Comment

Called some more dealerships including the one I bought car from and no one wants to work on it. Contacted GM yesterday and the unhelpful person there could only suggest I keep calling dealers until I find one. Called back today and after 2 hours on the phone I was given a 15 digit Ref. # to show that I had called and was told someone that could help me would call me back in the next couple of days.

Comment

Anyone know a dealer in the Ohio, WVA, PA area that will do warranty work?

Comment

Remember the Fuelmaker uses consumables piston rings, that was the byproduct of the contamination in my regulator. At the time the system only had a low pressure filter. Do I feel that the hp filter is causing the problem, probably not but that said if they were to find a contaminated system you could be footing the bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X