Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did Chevy and GMC use to convert their 2009 pickup trucks to CNG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did Chevy and GMC use to convert their 2009 pickup trucks to CNG?

I am thinking of buying a truck for my business. I would prefer the original "factory upfit" compared to after
    market. Anyone no who gm used?, and were they any good?
    Thanks for the help.

Re: Who did Chevy and GMC use to convert their 2009 pickup trucks to CNG?

I don't think GM had a factory CNG program for the Silverado prior to model year 2012. Before that it was 2005.

Comment

Just get a good aftermarket conversion. Search online. A good one... not the cheapest.

Comment

Chevy didn't have a factory CNG option for the Silverado from 2007-2012, however, there were several fleets doing conversion on their gasoline trucks. Most were using an Impco system that is essentially identical to the newer factory installed models. We've had quite a few and they've been really good to us. Some of the earlier (2008-2009) models had fuel injector issues in the cold, but they got it sorted out later on, and I think they even did a recall on a bunch of the conversions. Sorry, to plug my business, but we have a 2011 on the lot right now with the Impco system. http://www.cngutah.com/forsale/1107/index.php
        -Derek
        www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Does impco actually make their own sequential injection system or are the taking a european system, getting it epa certified and putting their name on it?
          Thanks
          Karl

Comment

Yes and yes - it's their own system from sister company BRC in Italy.

Comment

Working...
            X