Chevy Express code P0193

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chevy Express code P0193

Now your are making more sense. A pressure sensor should not show system voltage (5 volts in this case). If I rememeber my basics it should run between above 0.3 to 0.5v and below 4.5 to 4.8v. Does this sensor show higher peressure with higher voltage or higher pressure with lower voltage. This one seem s to be the former, which would account for the high voltage dropping as the gas pressure drops, assuming you are reading signal wire. Is this the case? If it is you have a leak. try putting a mechanical pressure gauge in the low pressure side for verification.. Also, you should be able to read the rail pressure PID through the AutoEnginuity

The system should hold pressure for a few minutes. You might have some debree around the valve in the regulator that has some water in it. When the vehicle is cold it is hard and will cause the system to bleed back through the regulator and when the engine warms up (regulator hearing circuit, the material softens up and allows the regulator to work properly. My best guess.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi Larry, FRP is directly proportional to voltage so it would be the former. I have tried a leak test and it is within normal specs.

I didn't know how ice could be in there when cold but that would make sense. The fuel filter has never been changed so I have one on order. Thing is the filter is downstream of the regulator so I think that is a shot in the dark. The only other filters in the system are 1. in the CNG filler nozzle and 2. in the fuel input line of the regulator.
      Last edited by themoneymultiplier; 05-06-2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

maybe the best way to clear the debris would be to warm up the van and adjust the pressure upwards since that would open up the valve

Comment

well i did just that. cranked the regulated pressure all the way up to 4.85 volt, floored it with brakes applied in D, started it up a couple of times and then dialed the pressure back down to 4.5v idle. hopefully that [junk] stuck in the valve seat is in the filter now. I'll check later tonight when the engine is cold again.
          Last edited by CNGLO; 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: TOS language violation

Comment

nope that didn't work.

i got my filter in today so I went ahead and replaced that. while the filter was removed I went ahead and turned the key to the on position a couple of times to clear out any debris in the valve. i hope it worked.

word of caution when replacing the filter: the braided fuel rail hose kinks easily and is therefore easily weakened. I accidentally kinked mines while removing the filter. Also, PB Blaster is helpful in lubricating the corroded fittings for removal. The fittings are 3/4'' and it is best to use an open ended wrench. you will need a bigger wrench to hold the filter in place while loosening the fittings.
            Last edited by themoneymultiplier; 05-06-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

dtc set again, new regulator time. I don't want my injectors to explode one day while I'm starting the van

Comment

hmm, i may not need a new regulator. i think the trick to starting my van is to start cranking as soon as possible so that the CNG prime pulse does not build pressure for too long.

Comment

Money, Did you ever resolve your problem at start up? I'm having the same problem now.......

Comment

Hasn't bothered me enough to replace the regulator

Comment

I am getting this code on my 2002 chevy silverado.
                      It drives and starts normal but I get this code when letting off the gas at high speeds. Say like 50 plus. What worries me the most is that I lose power until I can put it in neutral and restart the engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X