Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

Ford bi-fuel catalytic converter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford bi-fuel catalytic converter

Are the catalytic converters on early ford bi-fuels the same as what's on a normal gasoline ford? I noticed there appears to be a fifth cat further back that does not have an oxygen sensor or anything, this seems strange to me since I always thought natural gas burned cleaner so why the extra cat?

Re: Ford bi-fuel catalytic converter

What year ford do you have?

Comment

It's a 1998 F-150.

Comment

Is the fifth cat a muffler?

Comment

no it's definitely not a muffler way to small and it has the heat shield like a cat. I googled it and found one other mention of a bi-fuel with the same thing http://www.f150forum.com/f6/my-2000-...verters-90639/. I assumed all bi-fuels had this but maybe not. According to the sticker on the inside of my hood the cng system on my truck was added to the truck in a plant in Canada and I think I read most of them were installed in Kentucky or Arkansas or something so may that is the difference.

Comment

Working...
          X