2004 F150 Heritage Bi-Fuel lug wrench was too shallow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F150 Heritage Bi-Fuel lug wrench was too shallow

Just a heads up: I had a flat tire and discovered the factory lug wrench was too shallow to remove the lug nuts. If you are planning on using it, you might double check before you get a flat.

Re: 2004 F150 Heritage Bi-Fuel lug wrench was too shallow

Originally posted by RadioCityMike View Post
    Just a heads up: I had a flat tire and discovered the factory lug wrench was too shallow to remove the lug nuts.
    Ugh. And it is too hot out to be forced to deal with a flat .. what did you end up doing?

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Hahaha... I had a flat this afternoon leaving the driveway. At 100 degrees and 75% humidity I fired up the air compressor and headed for the tire shop.

I guess I should check the lug wrench. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by jblue View Post
        Ugh. And it is too hot out to be forced to deal with a flat .. what did you end up doing?
        Actually the tread came off and I was able to run a few miles on the steel belts to my brothers shop. I parked in the shade and was going to change it myself without bothering anyone. When I discovered the lug wrench issue, I went looking and found a nice air impact wrench that solved my problem quickly. To make the story short, I got very lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X