2001 f-150 bi-fuel won't idle on cng.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 f-150 bi-fuel won't idle on cng.

I recently took my 2001 f-150 5.4 7700 series in to a small shop to get the coils and plugs replaced. To my good luck now the truck won't idle on cng. Regular gas it's running great. It will run on cng but I have to keep it revved up, if not is will idle really low, struggle, and Die.

The check engine light is on and it's throwing throwing the following codes:
    - p1640
    - p0174

Any help would be great!
    Last edited by rloveless; 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM.

Re: 2001 f-150 bi-fuel won't idle on cng.

Originally posted by rloveless View Post
    I recently took my 2001 f-150 5.4 7700 series in to a small shop to get the coils and plugs replaced. To my good luck now the truck won't idle on cng. Regular gas it's running great. It will run on cng but I have to keep it revved up, if not is will idle really low, struggle, and Die.

The check engine light is on and it's throwing throwing the following codes:
    - p1640
    - p0174

Any help would be great!
    Did you figure out what was wrong? Have you had the fuel system flushed?

Comment

The P-1640 is a manufacturer code indicating that the PCM received a request from another module to illuminate the MIL due to a fault that could affect emissions. If you have the scantool request a PID 0946 to determine which module made the request. then go to that module and check for codes". My guess is that there is problem in compuvalve

The P0174 is bank 2 too lean, the system was at its rich correction limit

Have fun

Larrycng

Comment

Originally posted by Rickinokc View Post
        Did you figure out what was wrong? Have you had the fuel system flushed?
        BTW on your code. Check and make sure that the pvc valve is connected to the valve cover. If it came out while they were doing the work it can give you a code. If it's out just connect it. Should be on the valve cover on pass. side under the compu-valve.

Comment

Here what was wrong. When the small shop replaced the plugs they didn't line up the cng fuel rails properly with the injectors. I took it to Brandon with cng technologies and he knew exactly what it was. He said if the mechanic doesn't be careful setting that fuel rail in place with the injectors then o-rings won't set right and they'll leek. he said it can be pretty tricky. Brandon's guy was able to adjust in fuel rail in place with out ripping everything out above the injectors. Brandon is the man!

Comment

Working...
          X