Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Contour it hesitates and back fires at idle on NG but not on Gasoline.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Contour it hesitates and back fires at idle on NG but not on Gasoline.

I have a 2000 Contour with 192k miles, about 4 months ago it started sputtering at idle and at cruise speed of 70MPH. I have tried: Seafoam, new CNG filter. checked timing 3 times. Last weekend I removed the compuvalve and found one of the solenoids that was stuck open. Lucky I had a bad compuvalve and replaced the solenoid with a spare. I cleaned up the compuvalve and installed back in. It run great for about 1/2hr trip. I got my wife in for another ride and the backfire and hesitation is back. I have not dealt with the MAF sensor yet. This is my next step.

Any other suggestions?

Re: My Contour it hesitates and back fires at idle on NG but not on Gasoline.

Originally posted by dpostelnicu View Post
    I got my wife in for another ride and the backfire and hesitation is back. Any other suggestions?

Sounds like your wife might be the problem. Have you tried replacing that part yet? <(:-0{

Comment

Ha, Ha, I should have seen that comment coming when I posted. No can't part with her!

Comment

Mistery SOLVED!

Yes I did get the OEM Factory Plugs, it did NOT fix the issue!!!

I ended up going to checkers and geting a good set of spark plug WIRES! and Vuala, the hesitation and spudering all gone! One thing that I noticed the spark plugs on cylinder 1 and 2 had a black sreak running vertical on the plugs. I anticipated the spark was grounding somehow.

$100 latter the problem is fixed by using factory plugs and new near OEM plug wires!

Thanks for all who responded!

Comment

Its still the Compuvalve at issue. We specialize in Ford Compuvalve repair at our dealership in Oklahoma. take it off and we can test it and if its an electrical issue advise you or repair it. Call me for more info at 918-519-4409 Ted M.

CNG Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
          X