Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

F 150 Doesn't recognize fuel is full/tank valve doesn't open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F 150 Doesn't recognize fuel is full/tank valve doesn't open

I bought a 2001 F150 and a C-3 fuelmaker. The fuelmaker had set a couple of years as well as the truck hadn't been used on CNG for the same amount of time. When I filled the first time it wouldn't recognze that it was full of CNG and immedietly switched to gasoline. Then it started working but wouldn't idle, stalled when coming to a stop etc. I performed the bulletine using the alcohol in the filter several times to no avail. It once again refuses to recognise it it full of CNG. I can't hear the tank valve click when I turn on the key either. Any ideas?

Re: F 150 Doesn't recognize fuel is full/tank valve doesn't open

You better check the tank valve itself. Back probe the plug to see if power is getting to the valve: use a digital volt meter. If voltage is there, there should a click. If not, you may have a solenoid problem. Rig a test probe to the valve directly with 12 volts and battery ground. If it doesn't get a new valve. Make sure to have the tank defueled (vented) of cng before removing the valve.

Larrycng

Comment

Larry,
      Looks like the tank valve is the problem. How do I vent it?

Comment

Your safest bet is to get it serviced by a certified CNG tecnician.
        Google search Royalty Enterprises Ohio to get the address & phone number of the guy in our area.
        '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
        (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

Working...
        X