This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Bi-Fuel Training Manual

Attached is the '96/'97 Ford Bi-Fuel Train manual. It is loaded in 5 parts because of the file size limitations on this web site. I hope the members using this material find it useful

Larrycng
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Curtis; 11-13-2008, 09:35 PM.

Re: Ford Bi-Fuel Training Manual

Larry, thanks for the manual, very helpfull.

Comment

Larry, Thank-you very much for the Ford Bi-Fuel Manuel.
      are there parts available for the GFI system, how
      about diagnostic codes?

Comment

Thanks

Just posted the GFI II installation manual. I will get the part list from the installation manual scanned and posted soon

Larrycng

Comment

As for parts for GFI systems, the only source for the OEM parts, is, the dealer, UNLESS, you find a renegade supply. The Compuvalve is programmed vehicle specific. A model MAY be interchangable within a model year and with an engine family, but not early to late, for example, before 1996, from 1996 to 2001, and 2001 and newer. The GFI-1 and GFI 2 are different internally. The Compuvalve with the VCL (Vehicle Communication Link) will not work on a vehicle without one, and vice versa.

OEM Compuvalves will NOT work on aftermarket GFI conversions, and vice versa.

There are no trouble codes with the Compuvalve. You have to use the OBD-II scanner which has a capability to read the Compuvalve and see if a Ford or Generic OBD-II code applies. Not all scanners will read the Ford Gaseous Fuel portion. If the vehicle kicks out a code, you will need to verify through the scanner that is either with the Ford or the GFI side, and sometimes it is not always straight forward.

Franz

Comment

Thanks for the input Franz.

Also, If you are using an NGS (Ford's New Generation Star) you need the "Green" card to read the Ford alt fuel data.

As of about a year ago you could still get the NGS from Hickock (the scanner's OEM) or try Automotive Electronic Services in Fresno, CA www.aeswave.com

larrycng

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
              Attached is the '96/'97 Ford Bi-Fuel Train manual. It is loaded in 5 parts because of the file size limitations on this web site. I hope the members using this material find it useful

Larrycng
              Larrycng,
              Will this manual work for 1998 Ford CNG vehicles?
              Thanks,
              cngmotorhead

Comment

Will this manual work for 1998 Ford Contour CNG vehicles?

cngmotorhead

Comment

It will get you close on the basics. Check the basic differences between the two model years and proceed accordingly. The GFI should be very close

Larrycng

Comment

motorhead:
                    its spot on with my 97 contour.
                    i dont know how close it would be to 98 or if anything is different at all.
                    I know the front headlights and fuse-box configurations are different on the two cars.
                    somehow i doubt that the gfi system saw any changes in 98.

Comment

Thanks for the info Larry. Do you have any ideas where I can find any documentation on a 2000 contour, or the supplemental cng manual that came with it?
                      Thanks again.
                      Chris

Comment

Outside of trying to talk a Ford deal out of one or letting you copying it, I would try Helm publications. Helm publishes service manuals for many of the automotive manufacturers.

Larrycng

Comment

Originally posted by fracman_okc View Post
                          Do you have any ideas where I can find any documentation on a 2000 contour, or the supplemental cng manual that came with it?
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260345636562

For my trucks/van there was not a supplemental CNG manual, but rather any mechanical information was contained in the Workshop volumes. Troubleshooting diagnostics step, including ones for CNG, can be found in an Emissions Diagnosis Manual. This is not for your model year, but here is what one would look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370249172450

Hope that helps ..

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Yep, ditto for me. Year 2004 F150, everything for every fuel type (dedicated CNG, bifuel CNG, bifuel propane) is contained as part of the Ford factory service manuals.

Comment

Working...
                            X