This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ford Part's Reference

Eh all looking for some part numbers and info with regards to Ford CNG tanks. I have heard that ford made some models of vehicles with 9-10" tanks of various lengths. I am looking for LONG 9"-10" tanks I need 2 - 9" x 40"-42" tanks and 3 - 9"-10" x LONG... up to say 8'-10' the longer the better, I know of a 9"x 60" tank for instance that would be good just dont know the part number or what vehicle it even came off of just that it was an OEM Ford product. ANY info INCLUDING where to buy said oddities would be GREATLY appreciated PS I need these ASAP!!! thanks in advance. OOOO ALSO just got some information that the GM CNG Dedicated vans had a BEAUTIFUL 10" x 73" tank that would suit my requirement perfectly (just in the multiple of 3 )
    Last edited by DJ-Rogue; 06-11-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Looking for part numbers for the gas cylinders for a 1998 (and later compatible) Ford Crown Vic
      Thanks!

Comment

Ebay seller has a bunch of hard to find new 'FORD' CNG Fuel Rail parts, FRP pressure sensors CV and F150, full Crown Vic rails and full F series rails. search 'cng fuel rail' and look at the sellers other listings.

Comment

Re: Ford Part's Exchange/Locator

Weber County - Utah:
          Looking for replacement tank for a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria. How much do they usually run? Do you really save money vs. a new tank?

Comment

Lancer Auto is a distributor for SCI, Luxfer, Quantum and 3M, give Justin a call at 801-268-8863.
            Lancer Automotive Group
            3687 South 300 West
            Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

Hi I am new to the forum but I am having a problem locating a part. It is a GFI fuse/relay panel. The top relay on this decides not to work at times and I want to replace the entire assembly. Any thoughts?

Here is the picture on my wife's flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajk124/8575805962/

Comment

My car is a 2003 Crown Vic.

Comment

No need to replace the entire assembly, the relays pictured are very common 12 v relays available at any auto parts store. They are usually plugged into a fuse/relay panel under the hood of just about every car made. I can't quite tell but the idiots at GFI may have potted them and sealed then so they can't be individually replaced.

If you can detach the cubical black plastic covers off the relay you will see a coil and some contact points. Check to see if they look "burned". If so, clean them off with a emery board for a temporary repair until you can replace the relay for $5.

Where was the pictured board mounted that it got so dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by jenki_putnik View Post
                    No need to replace the entire assembly, the relays pictured are very common 12 v relays available at any auto parts store. They are usually plugged into a fuse/relay panel under the hood of just about every car made. I can't quite tell but the idiots at GFI may have potted them and sealed then so they can't be individually replaced.

If you can detach the cubical black plastic covers off the relay you will see a coil and some contact points. Check to see if they look "burned". If so, clean them off with a emery board for a temporary repair until you can replace the relay for $5.

Where was the pictured board mounted that it got so dirty?
                    Thanks, it is at the CNG mechanic right now, I am just trying to help find that parts. You are right about not being able to remove the relays from the assembly. I will call and suggest the removal of the plastic cover. The one pictured is from a different car not mine.

Thanks.

Comment

Do a search on eBay for Ford CNG service manual. I bought one for my truck, and it's been a wealth of information.

Comment

I am new here but I'm trying to track down some information on replacing the fuel receptacle on our CNG 2001 F150. When we went to fill up the truck the other day it wouldn't connect and fuel kept spilling out into the air. Just all around not a good situation! The mechanic is telling us it's a $2000+ part to replace. Is that right?

Are there any aftermarket options to replace it? Or does anyone know where I can track one down in southern california?

The mechanic did send me some pictures of the part. So if that will help here they are:

Thanks for any help!

Comment

It sounds like you may have blown out the rubber o-ring inside the opening of the fuel receptacle. Its an easy fix and you can get the o-ring at any Honda dealer. Just inside the receiver end, there is a small groove, which holds the o-ring. Disconnecting the fill hose prior to bleeding out all of the line pressure can blow out the o-ring inside. It may lodge inside the hose connector, or end up on the ground somewhere. It tends to be an occasional problem experienced by folks not fully aware of fueling procedures, or when using an unfamiliar station. These are not standard o-rings you'd have in your garage. The materials they are made of are designed to deal with natural gas, not air, oil, or other contaminants, like dirt, as most o-rings are.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Surfdancer View Post
                            Sorry, no direct bolt in replacement for the GFI bi-fuel stuff.
                            Why are the two companies' systems incompatible? Shouldn't a GFI system be able to accept a Conoflow fuel pressure regulator that has the same psi settings? If it is not a direct bolt in replacement, what can be done within the law to make the GFI system work with a Conoflow regulator? The GFI regulator for my 2003 F150 Bi-Fuel is discontinued. Have you taken a look at Conoflow's hpngv3 since you wrote this post years ago? I would appreciate any advice on how to get my truck to run on CNG again. Can the GFI regulator be refurbished?

Comment

2002 ford crown vic with a bad fuel rail sensor. Open circuit. Can other (cheaper) ford pressure sensors be installed by building a pigtail to adapt the wiring? Are the gas sensors built differently in any major way that would cause a potential safety issue? I'm guessing that the primary safety purpose of this sensor is to identify when a regulator starts blowing high pressure into the rail but not sure. Is it reasonable to build a voltage divider across Vref and Sig Return to put the 2.4 volts on the FPS output for test purposes? Lots of questions and few answers at this point.

Comment

I buy and use the 05 Honda civic grade 6 coalecent filters for 24.95 and use them on my 04 Ford E350 from http://www.hondapartscheap.com. I also bought my honda civic regulator from them and saved 500.00 The coalecent units from Ford and Honda Civic are almost identical.

Comment

Working...
                                X