I just bought a '13 F250 dedicated CNG truck, BAF conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a '13 F250 dedicated CNG truck, BAF conversion

Hi, Everyone: I just bought a 2013 F250 Super Duty with a BAF conversion. There's no BAF owner's manual supplement in the glovebox and I've not had any success finding one online. Was this type of supplement provided by BAF for the owner? Does anyone know how I can get one? I've emailed BAF/Westport twice this week but have not received a reply, which is a bit disheartening!

• Lakewood90712
    replied
    Originally posted by taxing View Post
    I was looking at purchasing this type of truck as well. 2013 F-250 BAF dedicated CNG. I was getting ready to pull the trigger until I stumbled across the BAF Modification sticker in the door that stated the adjusted payload capacity was 1509 lbs. Wow that is less than most F-150 ratings. The CNG system with protections can't weight more than a couple hundred more pounds and a normal 2013 reg cab F-250 payload is rated at 4240 lbs. That is a huge difference. Why? Is it a safety issue dealing with spring compression and ground clearance? Wouldn't this affect the maximum towing as well? Thoughts?
    Don't know why the payload is reduced so much. If it has 2 tanks, try about 700 - 800 pounds of fuel tanks.

Some CNG vehicles have a lower towing capacity, slightly less power. Some bi fuel vehicles recommend towing on gasoline only.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 06-06-2019, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• taxing
    replied
    I was looking at purchasing this type of truck as well. 2013 F-250 BAF dedicated CNG. I was getting ready to pull the trigger until I stumbled across the BAF Modification sticker in the door that stated the adjusted payload capacity was 1509 lbs. Wow that is less than most F-150 ratings. The CNG system with protections can't weight more than a couple hundred more pounds and a normal 2013 reg cab F-250 payload is rated at 4240 lbs. That is a huge difference. Why? Is it a safety issue dealing with spring compression and ground clearance? Wouldn't this affect the maximum towing as well? Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• wledwards
    replied
    Here is the manual you need.
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied
    Try this link and call, not e mail http://wingpowersystem.service.westport.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X