2011 Ford F-550 6.8 v10 CNG to Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Ford F-550 6.8 v10 CNG to Gas

I purchased a 2011 Ford F-550 6.8 v10 shuttle bus with 23,xxx miles. It was built a gas vehicle then converted by BAF out of Texas to stricktly run on CNG. I want to convert back to gas and I figured I would need to get
    -New fuel rail
    -new injectors
    -New fuel tank
    - fuel lines
    possibly reprogram ECM

am I missing anything else? It's hard to find buses with this low of miles and originally i wasn't going to convert but due to how far a station where we operate vehicle it's a pain in the rear, if it wasn't on business vehicle I would leave it but I can't with possibly 32 people on it.

if someone is close to St. Louis Missouri I am possibly selling equipment or work out labor deal if you know what your doing.

Thanks,
    anthony

Fuel pump and a whole lot of labor

Comment

Call Jim at Alternative Fuel Systems of St Louis, he might be able to do the conversion back to gasoline for you.
      http://afsiof-stlouis.com

Comment

my thoughts would be get a compressor and burn cheap fuel here at the shop it works out to 79 cents a gallon. I can put you in a davey or ir used or new feel free to call or email me at cowboytrailerman@hotmail.com or phone 423-871-1106 email is best . whatever you do dont buy a little compressor as it will run all the time and wear out. info is free

Comment

CNG tanks should still be within service limits. If you have natural gas available, (as cowboy says) see if you can find a low cost compressor and fill it overnight. You are opening a can of worms to convert it back and you may have regulatory issues to deal with if you are in a state (hopefully not) that requires vehicle emission inspections. Better off to try to sell it to someone who is near a fuel station that can use it as it is configured.

Comment

Working...
          X