No acceleration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No acceleration

I have a 2010 ford 250 econoline cargo van. It just started having issues with accelerating. It starts fine, but when I put it in drive, it chokes down and has no power?

Any check engine codes ? Can you rig up a remote pressure gauge to the fuel rail and check rail pressure while trying to accelerate ?

Check fuel filter , and pressure regulator $$$$ When checking a filter or fuel regulator, always be 100 % sure the fuel line is isolated and de pressurized or have a tech do it. Very high pressure - 3600 psi

Comment

I think there is a shrader valve on the fuel rail #4 jic fitting as in r12 ac gauge hook the low side of r12 gauge set to it and leave the dog box off and drive the van there should be very little pressure drop 10 or 20 lbs standing pressure should be somewhere from 110 to about 150 psi also warm the engine up and crawl under the van and put your hand on the hp regulator it should be quite hot I think it is behind the engine on the cross member just left of the drive shaft if it is not hot you may be freezing up

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
        Any check engine codes ? Can you rig up a remote pressure gauge to the fuel rail and check rail pressure while trying to accelerate ?

Check fuel filter , and pressure regulator $$$$ When checking a filter or fuel regulator, always be 100 % sure the fuel line is isolated and de pressurized or have a tech do it. Very high pressure - 3600 psi
        There is no check engine codes coming on

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          I think there is a shrader valve on the fuel rail #4 jic fitting as in r12 ac gauge hook the low side of r12 gauge set to it and leave the dog box off and drive the van there should be very little pressure drop 10 or 20 lbs standing pressure should be somewhere from 110 to about 150 psi also warm the engine up and crawl under the van and put your hand on the hp regulator it should be quite hot I think it is behind the engine on the cross member just left of the drive shaft if it is not hot you may be freezing up
          Could it be a sign of I'm out of gas?

Comment

yep .as the gas pressure gets low you will lose power till it quits moving get a rope and drag it to the station it may be a real cheap fix good luck my dad had a saying KISS (keep it simple stupid) no insult intended just we have to remember check the dumb stuff first it can save a lot of time and money.

Comment

If your driving range has been cut way short between fills then you probably have a failed-closed tank solenoid valve. Is your fuel gage operating OK?

Comment

Working...
              X