Convert E350 from cng to gasoline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert E350 from cng to gasoline

I HAVE A FORD E-350 MODEL 2011. BUY IT HAVING CNG GAS SYSTEM. REMOVE GAS CNG AND CONVERT IT AGAIN TO NORMAL GAS. LE PUSE OF NEW TANK OF GAS, PUMP OF GASOLINE, LINES, CANISTER AND PURGA CANISTER. GAS INJECTORS. BUT IT'S TURNING BLACK SMOKE, KNOW IF I MUST REPROGRAM THE PCM

Did you have a dedicated (CNG ONLY) vehicle to start with from Ford?
    If so, and you switched everything over to gasoline, then you must replace the CNG PCM with a gasoline version PCM.
    They both measure air to fuel ratios very very differently especially when cold starting.
    It won't run right with a CNG PCM.

Comment

If it's a 2011 Ford E350 in California, was it a Super Shuttle van? It probably would have a BAF program in the PCM. The only problem with a gas reflash might come if BAF is/was tied to Ford, like GFI was.
      The problem would be the last flash (BAF) would show up in the Ford program repository under your VIN number. I have a 2011 in my shop in Tucson, and it states in several places, "DON"T RE-PROGRAM".
      May be because the BAF isn't in the repository, and the BAF flash would be lost. You can also pull the PCM and get the numbers off the factory label and cross check to see the original status and strategy (specific program) belongs in it.
      That and make sure whatever service is doing the re-flash can save the one that is in there as a backup, in case things go south.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Working...
      X