Timesert Tool Rental?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timesert Tool Rental?

Does anybody know where I can rent a Time-sert tool (#5553) to repair a blown out spark plug on my 2003 F150? The inserts themselves are just a few bucks, but to buy the tool is hundreds of dollars! Oof! I'm in the Salt Lake City area (Bountiful). I appreciate it!

Re: Timesert Tool Rental?

Originally posted by utkatana View Post
    Does anybody know where I can rent a Time-sert tool (#5553) to repair a blown out spark plug on my 2003 F150? The inserts themselves are just a few bucks, but to buy the tool is hundreds of dollars! Oof! I'm in the Salt Lake City area (Bountiful). I appreciate it!
    Try some of the F150 online forums. Also, some of the guys buy a kit, use it, and then resell the kit on eBay to some else that needs it. I don't currently see any 5553's for sale used on eBay though. New goes for about $390 on eBay and Amazon.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, snewman. I've done quite a bit of looking online lately. I'm hoping that someone here in Utah may have this tool available for rent or knows where I can get this fixed inexpensively.

I've heard that Time-sert is the way to go. Is there another company that makes a similar insert? Helicoils are out, as there have been way too many instances of them just blowing out a few thousand miles further down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by utkatana View Post
        Thanks for the suggestions, snewman. I've done quite a bit of looking online lately. I'm hoping that someone here in Utah may have this tool available for rent or knows where I can get this fixed inexpensively.

I've heard that Time-sert is the way to go. Is there another company that makes a similar insert? Helicoils are out, as there have been way too many instances of them just blowing out a few thousand miles further down the road.
        I've also heard that Time-sert is the best but Ford recommends lock-in-stitch: http://www.locknstitch.com/sparkpluginserts.htm. There are many tool companies that make their own version of the spark plug hole repair kits....

Comment

Working...
        X