F-150 Buck/Jerk at 50-60 mph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-150 Buck/Jerk at 50-60 mph

wmarsden I was just reading your post Lancer automotive in saltlake city works on these trucks and are very knowledgeable in this area and they stock most of the parts because they work on alot of these trucks here is there number 801-268-8863 hope this helps

Comment

I have a similar problem and after much research I have found some more info on the subject if you have replaced the coils,plugs,and injector o-rings look at the cam positions sensor and crank position sensors as the source of the problem;. Oil can leak into both of these sensors causing this type of issue but may not throw a code for either sensor. both of these sensors have to do with the injector pulse and may very well be the source of your issue. thanks mike

Comment

Hi Samuel,

I am a owner of a 99 F-250 5.4L bifuel extended cab. I love it. But I have the same issues you listed. Took it to champion ford (thats the only one I know and trust) and they quoted me $1500 for a tune up... $710 just for the parts. Is this ridiculous or what? Anyways I am gonna see if natural solutions (listed on this thread) can do it for cheaper using motorcraft parts (if so I will just pay them) IF NOT (heres where my questions begin)

1. Should I buy the motorcraft parts from the dealership? where else can I buy them at? I need 24 O rings, 8 Coil pack and 8 spark plugs

2. Is this job difficult? Or more importantly, is this beyond the expertise of a guy who knows how to read, and do oil changes/brake jobs?

3. What manuals did you use? Where can I find manuals for CNG components?

Thank you sir.

James

Originally posted by rothstar View Post
        I didn't write a follow-up after finally getting my truck into perfect running condition; it is a very long story, but here is the most important information:
        -Use Motorcraft coils
        -Use Motorcraft natural gas spark plugs even if your truck is bi-fuel
        -Don't buy a new compuvalve until you have installed the above mentioned parts.

If anyone has more questions on this subject, feel free to post them here. I can go into pages of detail about this problem.

Samuel

Comment

Iwent to the files section and found the bifuel training manual. Thank you to Larry for that. I read everything about CNG bi fuel minus the electrical components. I highly doubt the computer is going bad.

I am already much more confident. I know exactly where the filters are, the names of the components, and the maitenence that needs to be done. However im trying to find a OEM service manual for my particular truck. I keep running over "super duty" "heavy duty" etc. Im pretty sure mine is NOT a heavy/super duty (is there a difference?) So I don't the the "f250-550" manuals will suit me.

Any input? Im usually a really good internet shopper can't find a cd on ebay or anywhere for my model.

Kawasaki has a system where you type in the VIN and it tells you the exact model it is plus all the manuals you'll need.

Is there something like that for ford trucks? Or is this general knowledge and im just that much of a noobie?

Thanks

Comment

my friend has a super duty it is a 550 I think the super duty is bigger springs and a solid front axle but I am not sure

Comment

Seeker407 - are you having the famous 'bucking/jerking' symptoms on your 99 F250 5.4 liter bi-fuel? Most likely it is caused by bad o-rings (on the dual purpose injector bungs used exclusively on the 5.4 liter Ford bifuel pickups). When you do this job, you need new o-rings, and you should also replace all the coil packs and spark plugs while you're at it. This is probably what Champion Ford wants to do for you.

I've had great luck in working with the guys at Natural Solutions in Lindon. They'll do this work for you. They've done many Ford bifuel pickups and do a great job.

Comment

I should also post that since Natural Solutions replaced all my coil packs, spark plugs, and injector bung o-rings, I have put an additional 30,000 miles on my truck without a single bucking, jerking moment. Very pleased.

Comment

Is there somewhere to purchase the O-rings? I have the Bi-fuel also and think I need the o-rings replaced. Do these come in a kit or do you have to just buy a bunch of o-rings?

Comment

Call up the guys at Natural Solutions in Lindon and ask them. They must have a source.

Comment

Hi guys, glad I found this thread because I believe I have the same issue

So these O Rings - are they injector o rings?

Do I need a mechanic to install them?

Comment

Working...
                      X