• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford NGV Conversion Price Hits New Low

Ford NGV Conversion Price Hits New Low

$7779 F250/350 http://www.transecoenergy.com/pages/F250.html

$6200 Transit Connect http://www.transecoenergy.com/pages/FordTransit.htm

Re: Ford NGV Conversion Price Hits New Low

Outstanding! EPA's streamlined regulations are starting to pay dividends in the way of reduced lab testing and certification expense for natural gas vehicles. And, Ford's excellent support of its Qualified Vehicle Modifiers with warranty and technical support has changed the game, to be sure.

I know folks who have the Altech-Eco F-250 system and they are very satisfied with the reliability and performance.

What is the incremental cost range now for the Ford CNG prep engine package (I realize it may vary by engine)?

Comment

I thought it was only about $250 for the gas prep. These prices are sounding a lot better. It sounds like they will be prepared to go lower as the parts and fees become more reasonable. Hopefully volume and technology will help. Now if we could just get a cheaper home pump.

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
        Outstanding! EPA's streamlined regulations are starting to pay dividends in the way of reduced lab testing and certification expense for natural gas vehicles. And, Ford's excellent support of its Qualified Vehicle Modifiers with warranty and technical support has changed the game, to be sure.

I know folks who have the Altech-Eco F-250 system and they are very satisfied with the reliability and performance.

What is the incremental cost range now for the Ford CNG prep engine package (I realize it may vary by engine)?

Ford's MSRP for gaseous fuel prep is $325 on all of its 5 different engines available as gaseous fuel prep. The customer can negotiate from MSRP, but why bother at $325?

F-Series Engines: 6.2L and 5.4L 3V E-Series Engines: 6.8L 2V and 5.4L 2V Transit Connect Engine: 2.0L

2014 Publically announced gaseous fuel prep engines: Transit Connect 2.5L Transit 3.7L

Comment

When does the Fleet Ford 2013 order book close and the 2014 order book open ?

Comment

It varies by model.
            Here is a complete list of build-out and start-up dates from ARI Fleet (its a good one to bookmark)
            http://www.arifleet.com/publications...tart-up_dates/

Comment

Is the Bi-Fuel Ford F Series Truck CARB certified? Their website simply has this general statement: " Meets EPA and CARB Certification Standards."

If so, I l am going to start saving for a crew cab,4X4 long bed F250. The $8k additional cost for the CNG option is a bit more tolerable than GM's $11k markup.
              Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
              Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
              Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Not going to consider the Dodge alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Wagner View Post
                  Not going to consider the Dodge alternative?
                  I looked at the Dodge, but the tanks take up half the bed and the incremental cost for cng is over $9k. I don't understand why they would use two small diameter tanks that take up half the bed when they could have used a larger diameter tank with the same (or slightly larger) capacity that would have taken up much less of the bed. So far, the Ford conversion mentioned in this thread seems to be the least expensive option.
                  Last edited by Adrian; 04-20-2013, 07:46 PM.
                  Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
                  Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
                  Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

I am looking forward to the new Ford Transit and Dodge Pro vans. They have a very streamlined styling, and I want to be able to use the box for a seat or with a false floor over the tanks and storage hatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                      Is the Bi-Fuel Ford F Series Truck CARB certified? Their website simply has this general statement: " Meets EPA and CARB Certification Standards."

If so, I l am going to start saving for a crew cab,4X4 long bed F250. The $8k additional cost for the CNG option is a bit more tolerable than GM's $11k markup.
                      According to http://www.ngvc.org/pdfs/Available_V...nd_Engines.pdf no one has a Ford CARB bi-fuel as yet. I expect a Ford CARB bi-fuel in the coming months.

The line about meeting CARB standards must be based on their own evaluation, not CARB's.

Comment

The 2014 transit van looks like a great family hauler. Finally, a family CNG automobile everyone can use. Lots of space.

Comment

Working...
                        X